12 - Alex, you could let it go

Alex's POV

"Maybe John's dad set it up?" Eliza suggested.

"I don't know but he wants me to help him or something" I replied, my friends all sat around in a circle.

"Just help him, let's get this drama over and done with, John has to have a reasonable explanation for this" Peggy piped up, her tone quiet and focused and her eyes staring into the distance, deep in thought.

I heard a knock on the door and Laf quickly jumped to answer it, revealing Laurens, awkwardly staring at my friends who in return quickly glanced away.

"Am I welcome?" He asked softly, avoiding eye contact with Eliza.

"Come in" Eliza muttered, seemingly displeased but she knew we had to fix this. John weakly smiled at her and sat down next to Peggy who scooted away just a little. "We'll help you if you tell us why you're doing this"

"My dad said he'd disown me if I didn't" John stuttered out and everyone besides John, who  was looking down at his twiddling fingers shared glances.

"We're sorry John but have you ever even wanted him to be your dad anyway?" Peggy asked.

"Not really but now that he might leave it's just- I don't know? It's hard to explain I just don't want to be fatherless. Imagine growing up and not being able to say your father cared about you. That he could easily just get up and leave you like you were.... garbage" John sighed, tears gathering up in the corners of his large eyes.

"I don't have to imagine" I said, slightly annoyed at John's statement.

"Sorry babygi-" John stopped himself, flustered and with a worried look plastered like his freckles on his skin. "Alexander. I meant Alexander" he gulped and I felt my heart drop a little, I knew it shouldn't have affected me, after all, I didn't  love him, at least I shouldn't of.

"Have you tried to negotiate with him?" I offered and everyone stared at me like I had said the dumbest thing possible, which I probably had.

"Fine I'll just stop dating Martha and let my dad disown me"

"You could've done that, like, a week ago" Peggy muttered and Hercules elbowed her in the shoulder, immediately shutting her up.

"Ok, my dad will disown me and Alex and I will be boyfriends again" John smiled and I stared down at the floor.

"Stop dreaming" I replied and walked out the door, not turning around to witness his response

-
I
HAVE
BEEN
SO
BUSY
AH
also the holidays are coming up in 2 weeks but I'm going to San Francisco to see Hamilton so I still will probs be p inactive then aH. This is a short chapter bc I have so much hw EHHHH