Chapter 6 - People will always be critical

Alex's POV

It was Sunday, 4pm and neither John or I were awake until Lafayette and Hercules slammed our dorm door open and started to jump on our beds hysterically.

"WAKE UP BOYS WE HAVE A DAY TO SIEZE" Lafayette screamed, jumping on my bed. He only received a groan and a pillow to the face from me until he dragged my small frame out from under the covers, Hercules doing the same with John.

"God, why wouldn't you let me sleep in? It's only like 4pm" I  whined, pulling on a shirt, much to John's disappointment.

"We're going to Jefferson's party! It's going to be really awesome apparently" Hercules explained and John and I  gave each other confused and bitter looks.  We weren't the partying type of guys, Especially not for Jefferson.

"There's going to be so much alcohol I wouldn't feel comfortable herc, you both know that" John's disappointment in his friends was evident. He must've been slightly hurt that his friends would even suggest it to him, they'd always been respectful of the reasons John despised alcoholic. He saw what it could do to a family and he went through it all.

"Brighten up Laurens, it'll be fun" Lafayette patted him on the shoulder and he reluctantly agreed to go after some persuasion. "Great, it starts at 6pm, the girls are coming too"  With that the two boys were out of our dorm room and John and I  were left to complain.

"This isn't going to turn out well is it?" I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"Best of luck" John huffed out and flopped back onto his bed.

-

We all arrived at Jefferson's enormous house and not all of us were very excited, to say the least. John couldn't look less excited, Peggy looked like she wanted to dig herself into a ditch and Lafayette described me as; 'as enthusiastic as a wooden chair'

Jefferson answered the door with a hand behind his back and a smug grin plastered across his face. "The policy is, you must drink this for seven seconds or you aren't allowed to enter" Thomas pulled a bottle of Sam Adams out from behind is back and smiled devilishly. He had noticed over the years he had known John that he hated alcohol with a burning passion for a good reason, it's hard to keep secrets when you spend seventeen years around them.

"Well there's not enough for all of us, is there?" I sneered and Jefferson pushed a silver cart with wheels out from behind him, stocked with bottles of alcohol.

"I'm leaving" John tried to get past the group but James Madison and Charles Lee pushed him back over to the front door.

"it's fine we aren't attending your party if you're going to be such a prick" Lafayette glared and tried to pull John out but again, James and Charles refused and roughly spun them both  around.

"Fine, you bastard" John snatched the bottle out of Jefferson's hand and chugged it down for six and a half seconds. (Timed by Thomas)

"Well you didn't do seven seconds so you need to do it for  seven seconds" Thomas handed the bottle back to John who glared at him sharply. Anyone would have been scared by that glare but Jefferson wasn't phased in the least.

"Laurens it's a free fucking country let's go" I tried to grab him by the arm but he downed the bottle for another seven seconds and stumbled through the doorway. We all did the same and walked into the house where music was blaring from large speakers.