Chapter 22 - Christmas

Alex's POV

(A/N Been very busy and this chapter is pretty bad, also if you haven't seen Riverdale 1 X 13 ;) I suggest you don't read the first few paragraphs if you don't want spoilers)

I woke up to a the sound of soft sobbing coming from my left and I rolled onto my side to see Peggy, face first in a box of tissues as she watched Riverdale.

"Pegs?" I questioned, slightly worried.

"I love you. Betty Cooper" I heard from the phone she was holding in her shaking hand. Immediately, she wailed loudly.

"THEY LOVE EACH OTHER, ALEX I'M NOT OK" she sobbed. I spun my head around to check she didn't wake up the others.

"Jughead Jones, I love you" a blonde girl said, causing more tears to stream down Peggy's face. I watched my best friend sob her heart out until she stopped crying and instead stared, wide  eyed at the screen.

"Oh my god" she muttered. I peered at the phone to see a girl and a boy kissing on a kitchen bench top. "HOLY SHIT" I covered her mouth, making sure she didn't wake the others.

"Shhhh! What's going on?" I whisper-shouted.

"I'm having the best day of my life, Alex, leave me alone and look at this cute couple" I dabbed her cheeks with a tissue, frantically attempting to dry them.

"They're sucking on each other's necks....."

"They're so pure!" She cooed.

"She just took her shirt off"

"And so perfect" Peggy was full on heart-eyes-(A/N Howell)-ing at the screen.

(A/N PSA: Peggy in this whole book is me btw)

"Mornin' babe" I smiled down at him patting his shoulders. He opened one eye  before groggily sitting upright.

"IT'S MORNING!?" Peggy shrieked, making John sit up hastily from the unexpected screech. "Good mornin' good mornin' it's great to stay up late so good mornin' good mornin' to you and you and you and you" she sang, bopping the other four people on the nose each time she sang you.

"Is she high?" John questioned, rubbing his eyes as he pulled on a beanie.

"Mhm I don't know" I smiled weakly, moving into the position of my head resting on his lap while he played with my hair.

"What time is it?" Eliza whined into her pillow.

"THE MILK MAN IS ON HIS WAY IT'S TOO LATE TO SAY GOODNIGHT SO GOOD MORNIN' GOOD MOR-"

"If you don't shut up I'll punch your good mornin' all the way across the globe" Angelia interrupted, bitterly.

"How does that even work?" Questioned Eliza who was straightening out the wrinkles in her blue pyjama top.

"I don't know" Angelica replied. "I don't understand how it works, just like I don't understand your mitochondria bs"

"Someone is not a Christmas person" herc piped up.

-

"did you guys know we're all made of star dust?" Eliza suddenly piped up as we ate dinner.

"What?" Laf questioned, stuffing his mouth with a baguette.

"Well, after the big bang these very small particles got together to form hydrogen and helium and later in time they became a gas under the effect of gravity. They then became hotter and denser and later became heavier elements which is something called nucleosynthesis. Fusion reactions happened and later became pretty much everything including oxygen and iron. When a massive star explodes it scatters and forms planets like Earth" she smiled, explaining it effortlessly. We all stared at her with bewilderment and once she noticed she rolled her eyes. (A/N I'M A SCIENCE GEEK AND I RELATE TO PEGGY AND ELIZA ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL)