Chapter 8 - Let Other People be Cynical

TW: Henry Laurens

Do I need to explain the trigger warning? We all know what's gonna go down.

TW: sexism, abuse, gay slurs, John being a fuckboy

My John's POV

"Ready Hamilton?"

"This is the worst day of my life" Alex groaned, accompanying me in the hellish task of waiting for my dad to arrive at the parents day that he insisted on coming to, even though he hates me. The date for parents day had been pushed back to March eleventh so Alex and I had more time to imagine different, terrible scenarios that could possibly happen on this day.

"I would've thought the worst day of your life would've been when the 'pirates of the Caribbean' came out"

Alex rolled his eyes at my joke but smiled, although it didn't last very long, as my dads car instantly drove up in front of us and he honked his horn loudly, causing a good deal of unsatisfied murmuring to occur.

"Father" I gritted my teeth and attempted to try and seem excited.

"Jacky, who's this? A friend? I would assume your girlfriend would be waiting with you" my father stared at Alex who smiled politely at
him and extended his hand for Henry to shake.

"Alexander Hamilton, John's...... friend" Alex pursed his lips as he called me his 'friend' and shook my fathers hand.

"So where is my son's girlfriend?"

"Non existent" I piped up and my father rolled his eyes and glared at me before pulling out a flask. "You can't have alcohol on college grounds"

"I say you can't be a disappointment, yet you still are" he retorted and swallowed down whatever alcoholic beverage was contained in the flask in a matter of seconds.

"So, this is Alex and I's dorm" you had to give your parents a tour before they attended your classes. We were five minutes in and I already felt like jumping out a window.

"Glad you've been making your bed Alexander, it looks completely untouched. On the other hand John..."

Alex stared at me, eyes wide and we communicated through exaggerated eyebrow movements and eye rolls about what my dad just pointed out.  Alex and I got a dorm with double beds so we've been sleeping in the same one ever since we started dating, which is why Alex's sheets 'look' untouched. It's because they pretty much were.

Our door swung open and our chatty group of friends emerged and went completely silent at the sight of my father.

"Oh and these are my friends" I said and the girls and Lafayette and herc awkwardly waved and smiled.

"Which if these women are your girlfriend? They all look fine, big boobs, skinny, wide waists, wit doesn't matter, they just cook and look after the kids later on anyway. Women aren't capable of anything else" Henry said, observing the Schuyler's. Peggy and Eliza adjusted their clothes to cover up as much skin as possible out of discomfort and Angelica seemed like she was ready to kick my father in the crotch but Eliza had her grip tightened like handcuffs around her older sisters wrists.

"Dad, I told you, I don't have a girlfriend and don't talk about my friends that way. I'll have you know at they are extremely talented outside of your sexist expectations" I said, now agitated.