Chapter 7

Troye’s POV:

I opened the hotel door and collapsed onto the bed. I had a serious case of jetlag, and in no time certain people would be coming to the hotel. I hope especially to sleep through his arrival.

 A few hours later, I awoke and checked the time. 9:00pm. I knew that there was supposed to be a killer party tonight, so I got up and ready. Why not? I didn’t have a panel until tomorrow afternoon, so it was ok if I woke up with a hangover.

After making sure that my quiff game was strong, I headed down to the ballroom.

“TROYE!!!” I turned around and saw Grace, Hannah, and Mamrie running towards me. They were all borderline tipsy, but hey! What’s life without a little alcohol?

“Here aussie, come get a drink! It’s playlist! We’re in Florida! Go crazy!” I laughed at Hannah’s drunk rambling, but agreed and grabbed a beer.

Tyler’s POV:

I arrived at the hotel, checked in, and headed to my room. I wondered where Troye was staying. Snap out of it, Tyler. I sighed and texted Zoe. I needed some serious girl time.

We agreed to meet at a café at 7:30. There was a party tonight, so we wanted to be back before 9. As I walked inside the cozy store, I heard a squeal and saw a petite girl run at me.

“Tylerrrr!!! It’s been ages! Come on and sit!”

I laughed and allowed her to drag me over to one of the booths.

We chatted for a few minutes about her and Alfie, and the scene at Playlist. But soon, Zoe got bored of this and asked the dreaded question.

“How are things going with you and…Troye?”

I knew this was a touchy subject for both of us. Zoe is constantly torn between Troye and I, since she is such great friends with both of us.

“No improvement. You know that, Zoe.”

“Well, I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but you should know that you and Troye have a panel together. Tomorrow afternoon.”

“WHAT?” I yelled, and a few heads turned to look at me.

“The fans staged a protest. They specifically said they wanted a Troyler panel, or they wouldn’t come.”

“Great. Just great. He can’t even text me, let alone sit next to me and act like we’re best friends!”

Zoe squirmed in her seat and took a sudden interest in her nail polish.

“Actually Tyler, I hate to say it but it’s you that will have trouble acting. I think we all forget sometimes that Troye has been in countless movies. He can make you think he’s bursting with joy, when he’s really breaking inside. How do you think he made YouTube videos after….”

Zoe stopped short. She’d said too much.

“I know I hurt him. Really bad. But he hasn’t even tried to talk to me since!”

“Ok, Tyler. I have to run, but let me tell you one last thing for now. Whatever you do, don’t throw yourself at him. Even if he shows the slightest of your old relationship, don’t assume that it’s a sign and try to kiss him or something. And don’t forget about his acting skills!”

And with that, she turned on her heel and walked out the door. Girls.

I sat and finished my coffee before heading back. When I reached my room, it was 8:30. I hopped in the shower and got ready for the party. If Zoe couldn’t help me out, maybe alcohol could.

At 9:30, I headed down to the ballroom. I saw an extremely drunk Hannah Hart stumble past me. Looking around, I saw the drinks first. There was a tray of shots set out, and I took 3. Once I felt the drinks flowing through me, I looked around once again. And there in a quiet corner, I saw him. His dark brown hair was styled perfectly. A black leather jacket hugged his skinny frame. He was sitting next to Caspar, laughing. Gathering up my courage, I walked towards him. But just then, the lights went off and music started blasting. People streamed onto the dance floor. Soon, I was lost in the crowd. Just my luck.

Giving up, I let myself go to the music. I danced with whoever was around me, and got more and more drunk. My hunger won over sluttyness, and I went to grab some chips. On the way there, I saw a small group of youtubers playing spin the bottle. Looking closer, I could just make out Alfie, Zoe, and Jim. There were more people, but I couldn’t see whom because of the lighting. I grinned and walked towards them, seeing Zoe kiss Alfie on the cheek. God, I loved this game.

As I got closer to the table, I watched the bottle, seeing where it would land. To my surprise, it stopped spinning and pointed straight at me. I looked up at the rest of the table, which I could now see clearly, and gulped. Sitting there was Joe, Connor, Jenna Marbles, and of course, Troye. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Troye’s hand rested on the end of the bottle. It had been his turn.

“Well, if it isn’t Tyler Oakley coming out to play! I don’t think this is your kind of game Tyler, don’t want to wake up with any regrets, do we?”

I flinched at his harsh words. Nice first words after 5 months, huh? Still, I couldn’t help but really check him out since I was close. He had become much sexier in the past few months, but that came with consequences. Troye had lost his innocence. His voice was deeper, but I assumed that was just from his drinking. And Zoe was right; he was even better at hiding his feelings. He showed you only what he wanted you to see. Zoe noticed how uncomfortable I was, and tried to help.

“Tyler, fancy a bit of Spin The Bottle?”

Before I could respond, the aussie spoke again.

“Oh, he’d love to play! As an added bonus to the game, Tyler will sleep with whoever the bottle lands on!”

I spun around and looked him straight in the eyes for the first time in months. I saw absolutely no emotion there, just cold, dull eyes staring back at me. Turning around, I quickly walked away. As soon as I got into the elevator, I felt tears begin to slide down my cheeks. Troye would never forgive me, and it was all my fault. 

Hey guys! Sorry i've been uploading so late. But omg TROYLER IS TOGETHER AHHH! 

Please comment with any feedback or questions.

SPOILER: The next chapter, or the one after will contain some smut.

*Please keep in mind that this story is not factually correct

Xx