Chapter 13

Tyler’s POV:

I looked down at Zoe’s message, waiting to see who would make the first move. A few moments later, a text popped up in the group chat. It was Troye, saying no. Well, either way I was going. I was gonna have some fun with my friends whether he was coming or not. And maybe it was good. Maybe we needed some distance after what I’d done.

I know I did.

I mean, shit, I don’t even remember half of what I had done. And it’s pretty hard to be queen when you don’t know exactly how far you went or what you said to a person who hates your guts but still has feelings for you, just doesn’t want to admit it. Yeah. I don’t get it either.

I shot a quick text to Zoe saying I was in. She replied just seconds later saying that she couldn’t wait to see me. I quickly booked my flight, and promptly buried my head in pillows and blocked out the world.

3 days later…

Troye’s POV:

“Flight A21 now boarding.”

The flight manager’s voice broke over the nearly silent waiting area. I stood up, grabbed my carry on and moved mechanically towards the plane. As soon as I reached my seat, I fell asleep hoping to avoid my thoughts. I guess I didn’t learn my mistake from last time.

I was sitting, looking out over a fantastic view of the city. LA. Heaving a content sigh, I turned to look next me, and saw Tyler. He started leaning in, and just as our lips were about to touch, the image blurred out and came back full blast into something I never wanted replayed. Tyler and Marcus. I tried to block it out and wake up, but I was frozen to the spot, with no choice but to watch, hearing Tyler’s voice whisper quietly into my ear.

“Oh, how you wish you were Marcus.”

“No”

Dream Troye responded firmly. Tyler’s dreamy voice chuckled and he turned his head towards my dreaming self.

“Don’t play dumb. You already told me….”

At that moment, I sat straight up and tried to calm myself down and not make a scene. The lady next to me was giving me a lot of odd looks, and I tried my best to take deep breaths and block out my thoughts. Minutes later, I was calm with a clear mind. The captain announced that we were landing, and I texted Zoe to ask for a ride.

She responded telling me that Alfie was waiting at baggage claim. Forty minutes later, I was looking out the passenger door window at a beautiful three-story cottage. I wanted to look around, but my eyes were drooping and I knew I had to sleep off the jetlag. Alfie was talking to me, but I was so tired that all I could think about was a nice warm bed.

“…And your room is down that hall and up the stairs to the attic. A bit far from the rest of us, but Zoe said you wouldn’t mind.”

I nodded my thanks and made my way over, taking a moment to thank Zoe in my head. She gave me the attic room so that I could have some space. I bent down to take my shoes off, and fell face first into the bed and quickly fell asleep.

Tyler’s POV:

I arrived at Zoe’s house around 9:00 that night.

“TYYYLEEERRRRRRR!”

The petite girl squealed and launched herself into my arms, closely followed by a grinning Alfie. We stayed there in the driveway, just chatting, for about half an hour before we realized it was getting late.