Chapter 14

Troye’s POV:

The door slammed shut and I mentally reminded myself that we didn’t have to talk, I could just go and avoid him up in the attic. I turned to catch a glance and found him staring right back at me. I allowed the staring match to continue for a few seconds, and then tore my eyes away from his.

“So.”

His voice broke the icy silence. I simply responded by raising my eyebrow, and turning to walk up the stairs.

“I wish you’d just tell me what more I can possibly do to stop your never ending hate for me.”

My foot hovered over the next step. I searched desperately for a blunt response, but none came to mind. At least, none that I was willing to say out loud.

“You see, this could all just be solved so simply. I’ve apologized so many times. And I know that it’s not really me you’re mad at. It’s yourself.”

“Excuse me?”

I spat out. Turning around, I began walking back down the staircase towards him, feeling myself start to get angry.

“Yeah. You heard me. Look, I’m gonna get straight to it. I don’t know how much you remember of that night, but you must remember some of it. I remember all of it. And I know what I heard. You know what you said, you just choose not to remember it because it’s too painful for you to admit.”

Well shit.

“You don’t know anything about me anymore, Tyler. So why don’t you try to stop acting like you do, and leave me alone.”

As I spoke, I moved down the stairs and found myself face to face with this jerk.

He chuckled and looked me in the eyes while saying,

“Please. I just described your exact feelings. I know a desperate soul when I see one, because that was me once. But I learned to let things go. To forgive. So instead of blaming the world for your problems, why don’t you grow up and start owning up to your choices.”

He finished, crossing his arms and looking me dead in the eyes.

I had never been so furious, so humiliated, and so lonely in my life before. I stepped up so close that I could feel his breath on my face, and before he could say or do anything, I raised my palm and slapped him. Hard. Not daring to look back at him for fear of feeling guilty, I turned back around yet again and marched up the stairs, going up to the attic and shutting the door tightly behind me.

Tyler’s POV:

I waited for the door to slam before hurrying over to the kitchen to get ice for my stinging cheek. Who knew he could hit someone that hard?

Sighing, I pressed the cold pack to my face and winced. Although I might have a pained face for a bit, it was worth it. I gave Troye something to think about.

I waited out the rest of the day on my laptop. Soon enough, I heard the door opening and Marcus’ signature “Hello” echoed around the house. Just moments later, the smell of Chinese food wandered into my room, and I ran out into the hall.

“FOOOOOOOOOOOD!” I yelled out, loving how my voice carried through the house, followed soon by laughter.

“Hello to you too, Tyler!” Joe’s perky voice teased, but he handed over the bag of takeout. I gave everyone a quick hug and greeting, then hurried to put the food on the kitchen table. Soon it was all ready, but greeting words meant that Troye had finally come down.

“If y’all aren’t eating, I will!”

“NOT ON MY WATCH!” I heard Louise scream and soon, her footsteps ran into the kitchen. Panting, she grabbed at the spring rolls. Meanwhile, the others had followed her in, and we were all doubled over laughing. Still chuckling, Troye sauntered over to the fridge and grabbed a beer.

“Who wants one?”

All of us raised our hands, and we were laughing our heads off again.

Two hours later, the Chinese food was long gone, and it’s safe to say we had all had one too many drinks.

“Let’s play truth or dare!” Joe suggested, looking hopefully around the room.

And so we played, the game getting sloppier and sloppier as the night went on.

“Alright everyone, last round!” Zoe announced, politely waiting for Alfie to take his turn. The tall brit looked around the circle, his dark eyes settling on Troye. He was the drunkest one there, and judging by Alfie’s mischievous look, this one was going to get nasty. Fortunately, Zoe saw the look in his eyes too, and gave him a hard glare. He sighed, and then turned to Troye.

“I dare you to hug Tyler.”

Okay, there could be worse. I turned to look back at Troye, and found him staring back at me. It was weird. He was looking back at me like he was seeing me for the first time. I held his gaze for barely a moment, before he turned around to stick his tounge out at Alfie. He turned back to me, but this was different. His eyes were a dark blue, like back at the club. He started towards me from across the circle, and I had a feeling this was going towards more than a hug. Fortuanately, Zoe noticed that too, and she grabbed Troye around the waist before he could get to me.

“Alright everyone, that’s quite enough. Bedtime!”

The rest of the group broke out in whispers and complaints, but nobody argued with Zoe. Everyone headed upstairs, and I heard Alfie mutter to Zoe.

“You didn’t even let him finish the dare!”

They started bickering. Zoe pushed Troye backwards towards the stairs, since he wasn’t walking on his own. The Aussie was oblivious to everything happening around him, he simply kept his eyes trained on my face, occasionally darting to my lips.

Hey guys! I had to cut this chapter a little short, but you'll love whats coming next, I promise ;) Next update should be up before thursday! Please comment with predictions, feedback, anything! Thanks so much for 11k reads!!! :0 Xx