Chapter 17

Troye’s POV:

This bitch. He has to insist on being impossibly attractive, even when I’m trying my hardest to stay away. Sighing, I turned back to face the sky. Tyler had left my beer next to me. I happily drank it all until the sky turned a deep blue. Only then did I stand up and walk back inside. I spent the night chatting with friends and trying to ignore the fact that every time I looked over, Tyler was right there looking back at me. Eventually, everyone began to go to bed one by one. As it neared 1:00am, Joe shut his laptop and said goodnight, leaving me alone. I scrolled through tumblr, beginning to get a bit bored. Fingers hovering over the keys, I decided to check the troyler tag. Nobody was here, so why not? I quickly typed it into the search bar and began to look through it. I swear, that fandom is full of detectives. There are so many theories about our distance from each other, and a few of them come really close to what happened. I was scrolling through the tag when one of these theories caught my eye.

We’ve all noticed the distance between them lately. And I’ve seen a lot about Tyler avoiding Troye. But am I the only one who thinks it’s the other way around? We all saw the clip from Zoe’s last vlog, where Tyler is looking over at Troye and then Troye just walks away. And this has happened a lot. I don’t know, I guess what I’m trying to say is maybe Troye was hurt, bad. And he’s trying to keep himself away from Tyler to save himself. And maybe he doesn’t realize that Tyler would never intentionally hurt him.

I sat there, stunned, looking at the post again and again. This girl knows more about me than I do, and I’d never even met her. I bit my lip, debating, and finally liked the post. The fandom would freak the next morning, but who cares? I watched the little heart turn red, only to hear someone behind me say, “Interesting.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler’s POV:

I couldn’t keep my eyes off him all night. I guess I really am a bit of a creeper. But hey, I had good reason! And it definitely wasn’t hurting my eyes to look at him. After struggling to look away for the 5,000th time that night, I excused myself to go to sleep. But 2 hours later, I was still tossing and turning, unable to find rest. Just as I was drifting off, I remembered what had happened around this time last night. He had been so damn close to giving me a hand job. I groaned, and got up to get a glass of water. I was certainly thirsty.

While walking quietly into the kitchen, I noticed a faint light coming from the living room. Someone was still up? I snuck over, not wanting to disturb mystery-person-on-computer. As I got closer, I recognized the slim frame and the sharp jawline. I would run into him after trying to avoid any thoughts of him. Coming up behind him quietly, I saw he was on tumblr. Usual. But where he was on tumblr surprised me. The troyler tag? I guess he had just seen something surprising, because he leaned back in his chair and just stared at the computer. I decided to risk coming closer and seeing what he was shocked about. I read the screen quickly. It was another theory. There are tons of those, what was so different about this one? And then I saw the last few sentences.

I guess what I’m trying to say is maybe Troye was hurt, bad. And he’s trying to keep himself away from Tyler to save himself. And maybe he doesn’t realize that Tyler would never intentionally hurt him.

I was snapped back into reality as Troye leaned forwards and slowly hit the like button on the post.

“Interesting.” I said, immediately regretting it after. The Aussie jumped almost a foot in the air before turning around to see who was behind him.

“Jesus Christ Tyler!” He exclaimed, rubbing his chest and trying to slow down his racing heart.

“Sorry.” I said sheepishly.

He opened his mouth to respond, but then remembered what was on his screen and hurried to close to tab. But just before he did, he turned around and wistfully said, “You’ve already seen it, haven’t you…”

“Yup.”

“Oh.”

I cleared my throat, trying to break the awkward silence.

“The girl might have a point, you know.” I said, carefully.

“Yeah. Maybe she has one that’s true and one that’s false.” He mumbled, closing his laptop and heading towards the kitchen.  I quickly caught on to what he was implying and stopped him, grabbing his shoulder and turning him around.

“No, both are true. You still like me and we both know it. And you ignored me because you thought I would hurt you. You still think I’ll hurt you. But you’re wrong. I wont. And I never will.”

“How can you be so sure, Tyler? How do you know that we can go back to being friends without remembering everything that happened between us? How do you know that I won’t get angry every time I see you and Marcus together? How do you KNOW?” He spoke urgently, but didn’t yell at me. I was surprised to see in the dim light that he was close to tears.

“I don’t know. But it can work out, it will work out. I’ve missed you, Troye Sivan, and I’m not going to let some stupid mistake I made keep us apart any longer. Heck, Troye, I’m not going to let it keep us friends any longer. I still like you. You still like me. There’s no denying what we have, so instead of ignoring it, lets act on it! It’s two in the morning, and right now I am declaring that as long as I live, I will try my hardest to never hurt you, and to never, ever, lose you.”

By the end of this, I am close to tears myself. Troye was staring at the ground, biting his lip.

“Say something!” I pleaded.

“Why waste words when I can do this?”

He pulled me close to him and attached his lips to mine. My hands found his, and our fingers wound together as we kissed in a kitchen in the middle of the night.

Troye’s POV:

“Sir. Sir!”

I woke up to see a flight attendants worried face looking over me.

“I’m sorry to disturb you sir, but your flight has landed at the Miami airport and you have some friends waiting for you outside the gate.”

I nodded my thanks, and grabbed my carry on and walked out of the plane, trying to figure out what the hell just happened and where I was. As I stepped out of the tunnel, my eyes found his lilac hair and then I realized. I had never met Tyler Oakley. I had never even talked to him, let alone kiss him.

It had all been a dream.

THE END.

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for reading A Troyler Story, my first ever fanfic! <3  I'm so sorry for not updating, I have been super busy. But TROYLER KISS????? I cried.(Both about the real kiss and the one in my story) I know some of you wanted smut, but unfortunately it didn't work out with this ending. In my next fic, however....;) THANK YOU again, and here I leave you until the first chapter of "Troyler- Into the Arena." 

Xx