Chapter 8

Troye’s POV:

“Troye, that was a bit harsh.” Zoe said, looking a little confused.

I simply raised an eyebrow at her. Zoe knew the whole story.

“Right then, should we get back to playing?”

Jenna asked the question, looking around the circle. Everyone grinned and the blonde reached out to spin the bottle.

All too soon, it was 1am and I was extremely drunk. Stumbling up to my room, I tried not to let the side affects of the drinks get to me. Unfortunately, I always get extremely horny when I’m drunk. I made it back to the room safely without seeing any boys, and collapsed onto bed. I had a special panel with Tyler tomorrow.

“What he did to you doesn’t change the fact that you still find him incredibly hot.” The little voice inside my head told me. I replied out loud telling it to shut up, and promptly fell asleep.

The next morning I awoke, as expected, with a crushing headache. I saw that I still had 3 hours until my panel, so I decided to just chill and try to fight the hangover. Hearing my phone vibrate in the other room, I groaned and walked over to check it.

Tyler Oakley: Hey Troye. As I saw quite clearly last night, us being friends again isn’t going to work. But for our own sake, and the sake of our friends, we should at least try to be peaceful! Can we please just talk? No strings attached. My room number is 240 Please call or text me back if you want to meet before the panel.”

I snorted and ignored the text. Not a chance.

I played my favorite Beyoncé song and slowly got some Advil and water. In no time, my alarm went off saying I had 30 minutes before my panel. My limbs felt less groggy and my headache was almost gone. Thank god for Advil.

25 minutes later, I was just finishing up my hair. I hadn’t even bothered to practice my acting; I trusted that it would be an easy task.

I adjusted my dark blue sweater one last time, and headed down to the main stage.

Tyler’s POV:

I fidgeted backstage, wondering how on earth I would be able to pull this off. After he hadn’t responded to that text, I knew we were done. His loss stung. I had sat there on my bed for hours, just thinking of all of our good times and how big I screwed up. A voice with a strong accent snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned, and there he was. Walking next to him was the director of Vidcon, Tom, who would be hosting our little panel.

“Hey Tyler! Ready to hear the rules for today? “Tom’s perky voice said.

I nodded, trying to look happy and failing miserably.

“Alright! This is going to be a nice short little panel. I’m going to ask you 3 questions, and basically all you have to do is answer them and look cute. There will be lots of pictures taken, I assure you.”

Great.

“Any questions?”

Troye responded first. “Nope, thanks Tom! This should be fun!” He looked genuinely happy. How does he do that???

Tom headed out to the stage and told us he would be calling us out in a minute.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds before I blurted out.

“Troye, I can’t do this! I’m not an actor! I can’t go out there and act like everything is fine between us when it’s not.”

The Aussie rolled his eyes. Comforting.

“Relax. I’ll do the talking. Just look cute and try not to do anything stupid.”

And with that, he plastered a smile on his face, latched his arm loosely around my shoulders, and walked out onto the stage.

The fans were going absolutely bonkers. Tom didn’t lie; there were hundreds of iPhones pointed right at us.      And with that, Tom launched into the questions.

“So, Tyler, Troye, how did it feel to first see each other after months and months?”

“Well, Tyler as par usual was drunk when I first saw him again. But hey, it was still great fun! I mean, there was Nutella there so I wasn’t complaining.”

The audience howled with laughter, and I laughed along, but I was stunned how easily the lies came out of Troye’s mouth.

“Alright, question 2. On a scale of 1 to spiders, how much do the hardcore troyler shippers scare you?”

“Spiders.” Troye responded, without a seconds pause.

“Tyler, what about you? You’ve been quiet today!”

I thought fast before responding with a typical Tyler phrase.

“What can I say? I like the sound of his voice.” I replied with a giggle. Before I could doubt myself, I leaned into Troye’s chest and rested my head on his shoulder. Surprisingly, his body remained the same. I saw him raise his eyebrows slightly. But soon, a rosy color appeared on his cheeks. The boy was faking a blush. How????

“Alright, then we will direct this last question to Troye just for you Tyler! So, what is your opinion of the Myler ship?”

At this, Troye’s acting slipped for the briefest second. His body went rigid, and his face morphed into anger. But he quickly regained himself and said smartly:

“All I have to say is, Marcus if you’re out there, stay away from my man!” He then grabbed my hand and pulled me off the stage with the crowd going wild behind us.

Troye’s POV

I grabbed Tyler’s hand, wincing a little inside, and pulled him off the stage, knowing the reaction we would get. As soon as we were safe behind the curtain, I dropped his hand and turned to look at Tyler. I saw something in his eyes, and the tiniest bit of pity winded around my stomach. Seconds later, I realized it was hope. I apologized in my head to Tyler, but I had to stop this.

“Was that so bad? You’re welcome for being the convincing one.” I turned around and strolled away, but not soon enough to miss Tyler saying:

“Yeah. For a second there, I almost thought it was real.”

Something flared up inside of me and I turned around and snapped:

“And for a second there, I thought what we had was real.”

I walked away once again, leaving Tyler there close to tears, mouthing a silent “I’m sorry.”

Hey guys! I decided to take a different path than i'd planned to take. Please vote and comment!! :) Thanks so much! Xx