Chapter 16

Troye’s POV:

I woke up to see Tyler Oakley’s face just inches from mine.

“Ahh! What the hell are you doing here?”

He rolled his eyes and pulled my covers away from me.

“Saving your ass. Now, go outside before the others wake up and don’t let them know you spent the night here.”

“But wha-OW!”

A sudden headache hit me. I must’ve gotten drunk. Tyler grabbed my arm and shoved me out the door.

“No time to explain now. Use your acting skills.”

The door slammed shut behind me. I took a second to clear my head and look around. What the hell was going on?

Once my head stopped spinning, I realized the room I had just walked out of was Tyler’s. I had been drunk last night. I spent the night there. My cheeks turned bright red at the thought of what I…no, we might have done. I shook my head and hurried to the kitchen, remembering Tyler’s advice. I made it there without a moment to spare. Zoe’s quick footsteps came down the stairs and entered the kitchen.

“Morning Troye! You’re up quite early!”

All right, think. What would Troye say?

“Damn headache woke me up. I was gonna make a smoothie and try to sleep it off. Speaking of which, how are you not hung-over?”

“I was barely tipsy. Someone needs to be responsible in case things get out of control!”

I hesitated before asking the next question. It might make her suspicious, but I had to know.

“And…did things get out of control?”

I watched Zoe squirm for a few seconds. Uh oh.

“Well…let’s just put it like this. You were the drunkest one there, it was Alfie’s turn to dare, and I shut it down before you could do the dare. It was weird though. Kinda seemed like…like the dare stuck with you.”

What?

“And Zoe, what exactly was the dare?”

She squirmed again, looked down at her feet, and mumbled something I couldn’t understand. I sighed, and tried again.

“Zoe, can you please just tell me what the dare was?”

Just as she opened her mouth to speak, Tyler waltzed into the room. What great timing.

“Morning!” He called out brightly. I felt my cheeks go red again and quickly turned towards the blender.

Okay, okay, don’t panic. I would normally just ignore him.

I didn’t respond and hit the on button, waited till it was ready, poured my smoothie into a cup, and walked out of the room.

I headed up to the attic, and settled into my covers. I hated these dreams, but they were the only things that would help me figure out what was going on.

I turned, and made eye contact with Tyler. God, I really wanted to kiss him. No. I wanted to shove him against a wall, make out with him, give him a hickey, and make him mine. You know what, I’ll do just that. Fuck what the others think. I started slowly towards him, deciding when to pounce. Just as I had made my decision, slim arms wrapped around me, and pushed me backwards away from him. People were talking, but no words registered. The only thing that mattered to me right now was that I got a good image of Tyler’s lips. Zoe tucked me in to bed and I pretended to be asleep for an hour while she sat with me, talking quietly to Alfie. As soon as they left, I carefully waited another 15 minutes for them to fall asleep, and then made my way downstairs. My mind fast-forwardedand I found myself straddling Tyler.

Troye.”

“I like it when you say my name.”

Fuck, he’s so attractive. Lets see how he looks when he’s filled with lust, shall we?

The next minutes were blurry, but I felt my hand moving around his length, saw his face strained from trying to hold in moans, him shoving me off him, and then I was plunged into darkness.

I woke up panting and covered in sweat. I’m an idiot. A horny, angry, idiot. And I needed a drink. Checking the time quickly, I saw it was 5:00pm. Hopefully everyone else was at dinner or asleep. I snuck downstairs, grabbed a beer from the fridge, and made it downstairs without seeing anyone. My feet led me out to the back porch, where I sat and began to drink.

Tyler’s POV:

I watched Troye leave the kitchen and walk out the back door. He looked confused. Dazed. Broken.

After debating for a minute, I came out of my hiding spot and followed him out the back door. I approached him cautiously, walking quietly up to him and then sitting next to him on the porch. I didn’t say anything. He’d talk to me when he wanted to.

“Don’t mind me. Just a horny alcoholic teenage boy.”

His voice broke the silence. It was bitter, but for the first time in a while it wasn’t directed at me, it was directed at him.

“Well, I don’t think that’s gonna help with anything.”

I replied, slowly reaching over to take the beer from him.

“How much do you remember?”

I asked this next question quietly, and he turned bright red and looked away from me.

“Enough.” He replied, trying to control his blushing.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes before I decided to speak.

“Listen, I know a lot has happened between us, but it doesn’t have to be like this forever. People make mistakes. You learn to forgive. What happened last night…and at the club…I’m over that. There was a time when I’d be angry, but I’m done with that now.”

He looked at me, blue eyes bright in the darkening light.

“When did it all end for you? Being angry all the time and drinking nonstop?”

I tensed, not wanting to bring up the subject.

“The last day of Playlist Live.”

We sat in silence for another few minutes, watching the sun set over the city.

“Okay.” Troye said, still staring up at the sky.

“Okay what?”

“Okay. I forgive you. But don’t expect us to be like we were before.”

So many emotions rushed through me that I didn’t know what else to do besides reply, “It’s progress”, wink, and walk away.

Hey guys! So there will be at most two chapters left in this book. I think I have it planned out, but let me know if theres anything special you'd like to see in the last few chapters! Thank you all so much for 17k reads!!! Xx