Chapter 9

Tyler’s POV:

I watched his slender figure move away from me through eyes blurred with tears. My mouth formed words but I couldn’t speak them. With trembling hands, I reached into my pocket and dialed the number that would know what to do best.

Ten minutes later I was sitting in my hotel room across from Connor Franta. He always gave the best advice.

“I don’t understand Tyler…I saw the panel. You both looked super happy and friendly. It’s gonna hurt, but I’m going to need all the details before I can help you with anything.”

And so I began to tell him all that had happened since Vidcon. I cried for most of it, Connor coaxing me through all the way. After about half an hour, I had finished. He leaned back in his chair and pondered for a few moments.

“I think the only thing you can do right now is give him time to move on. It’s easy to ignore people when you’re not face to face with them. Troye is probably overwhelmed by all of the memories he has associated with you. Let him get over the whole situation. And Tyler, you have to realize…he might not ever want you back.”

He let that sink in, and then immediately embraced me and held me while my body shook with grief.

“I have a meet up. But please promise me that you’ll let him go. Tyler, look at me and promise.”

I looked up into his bright green eyes and nodded my head. He let me go and headed out, closing the door softly behind him. A small part of me knew Connor was right. But a larger part thought differently. I was not going to lose Troye forever. I was going to fight for him if it’s the last thing I do.

Troye’s POV:

I put my ear buds in and leaned back, appreciating music for the millionth time. I closed my eyes, and allowed the events of today to drift away. All too soon, a knocking at the door awaked me. Checking the time on my phone, I saw it was almost 8:00. When did that happen?

I swung my hotel door open and saw Connor Franta.

“CONNOR!” I squealed. I hadn’t seen him in forever!

“Troye!! I just wanted to stop by and see if you wanted to catch up? We haven’t talked in such a long time.”

I quickly agreed and soon we were heading out to the local coffee shop.

“So, Troye how’s playlist treated you so far?”

“Pretty damn good! I went to a wicked party last night.” At this Connor burst out laughing.

“What?”

“Troye, I was there too! Sitting right next to you. I take it you don’t remember spin the bottle, hmm?”

“Only bits and pieces…I remember seeing Jenna, Zoe and Alfie, and…. OH GOD. Please tell me I didn’t play spin the bottle with Tyler Oakley. I will literally lock myself in my hotel room for the rest of my life.”

“Nope, you didn’t play with him. Talked to him, but didn’t play spin the bottle.”

“Oh my…what did I say?”

“Sorry, but seeing as I am good friends with Tyler I can’t repeat what you said. Try to remember.”

I closed my eyes and tried to push past the veil that covered the memories of the party.

“And as an added bonus, Tyler will sleep with whoever the bottle lands on!”

I shot a glance at Connor.

“I take it you remember now. Honestly, what did he ever do to you that caused you to hate him so much?”

My body went rigid. Nobody had asked me that in a while. My closest friends knew it was an extremely sensitive topic and avoided it at all costs.

“Sorry, too personal.” Connor said sheepishly.

“No, no its fine. Long story short, he tells me he has feelings for me, and then the next night I walk in on him and Marcus. Not going into detail.”

“Ah…I see. But you guys were friends today at the panel?”

In response to that, I called the waiter over and ordered both of us coffees in a flawless American accent.

“Right. Actors.” Connor laughed.

“But really, have you tried talking to him sober?”

“Nope. And I don’t plan on it. What are you getting at here, Con?”

“All I’m saying is that you shouldn’t go out of your way to hate him. I get it if you don’t want him back, but allow yourself to trust other guys and to move on!”

I took in his words and nodded slowly. We fell silent and sipped our coffees. But soon the conversation was up and running again. As Connor chatted about this week on O2L, I tuned out. Connor could try to patch up my broken heart all he wanted. But Tyler would never regain my trust. Ever.

This chapter sucks guys I'm sorry!

But how do you like Connor going double agent? I'm working on another chapter tonight with a lot more drama and maybe a lot more troyler interaction? ;) Thank you all so much for over 1.3k reads! It means so much <3

Please comment and vote! Xx