Almost Reunited

~3rd Person POV~

“Ah, Zero-chan.. Stop..” the boy smiled. His pleas had gone unheard for some time now and he didn't seem to mind. He ran his fingers through Zero-chan's dark locks. He loved this side of Zero. He loved how affectionate he was before a performance, how he smelled, how he gripped the hem of shirt, how he left butterfly kisses on his neck. He loved it.

He loved Zero.

Kuro and Zero had been dating for about a year now and it was the best year of his life. He knew everything about Zero from the tip of his adorable ears to the soles of his feet. He knew about the life he had at Ouran; about the host club he was apart of, about his cross-dressing friend, the devil twins, the unruly king, his older baby brother, his taller older brother, the bastard, the debt, the bet, the fake marriage, the amazing honeymoon. He knew it all and loved Zero even more.

He rubbed Zero's back before pulling him close. “Show time is in ten minutes. I don't want you leaving marks.” he laughed as Zero kissed his chest. “We need to go get ready.” a whine from Zero had him chuckling. He was in love with this boy.

It didn't take long for them to get ready. Zero removed his glasses and put in his contacts while Kuro held his hips. The rest of the band got ready and Kuro watched them through the mirror. Zero hummed a song and smiled. He was clearly excited.

He loved performing.

He loved seeing the faces of his fans.

He loved meeting his fans even more.

He didn't do this for the money or the fame. He just wanted to help people. That's Zero for you. He loved hearing the stories of people who heard his music and stopped marking their skin, the people who heard his voice and thought it was an angel, the people who heard his lyrics and realized they weren't alone.

He responded to every letter, every tweet, every message. He was amazing with them.

Kuro watched his boyfriend as he played on stage. People say that once you get on stage you become a different person. Kuro didn't believe that one bit. Zero was still the same hyperactive, music loving, crowd jumping, soul searching lead singer.

“Okay guys, I hate to say this but it's the end of the night.” Zero frowned along with most of the crowd, followed by a lot of disappointed groans. “How about we end off with a good song? It's a little sad though, I hope you don't mind.” Zero took a seat at the keyboard that was on the stage. A small smile found a way to his face as the rest of the band cleared off the stage.

Kuro watched him as he played Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You. It was one of the bands best hits, one Zero played flawlessly everytime, one that meant a lot to Zero. He put so much raw emotion into it that you couldn't help but love it. He was simply amazing.

After the song he stood up and took a bow, apologizing for leaving so soon even though the concert had gone on an hour longer than it was supposed to. The band signed a few thing before heading to the back.

Tonight they had a few V.I.P people with backstage passes. Zero was the most excited. He enjoyed his fans more than anyone in the band.

Kuro held Zero's hand as they walked to the green room, only for Zero to stop. He glanced at Zero and then back at the group.

“H.. Haruhi..?”