Ignore It

~3rd Person POV~

Takashi was having a hard time. A pain in his chest was telling him that he needed to come clean. He had been trying to ignore it for the past few months, but he couldn't anymore.

Zero had finally moved in with him, after some coaxing and promises of tuna. These months had been pure bliss for the new couple except for the visits from Kyoya. Takashi dreaded those the most.

When ever he would come over Delilah followed him and Takashi would feel guilty. How could he have forgotten about the poor girl? He was supposed to be a gentleman for Pete's sake!

He sighed as he peeked into the kitchen, watching Zero prepare dinner. Tonight would be the night that he came clean. He couldn't take lying anymore. Mitsukuni had already expressed his disappointment a few months earlier, saying Takashi shouldn't keep secrets like that and Zero would be even more hurt now.

“Zero, we need to talk. Okay?” Zero didn't turn around but his tail slowly stopped swaying. “What's wrong?” He said, his voice shaking slightly. This was going to be the hardest thing Takashi had ever done.

“It's about Delilah.” Takashi said, sitting at the table with his head in his hands. His heart was starting to hurt but he knew he had to do this. He had to get it off his chest. “We are engaged.. But I forgot about it completely. When our parents set it up, I completely brushed it off. It never occurred to me that they would go through with it..”

After five minutes of silence, he looked at Zero. His tail was wrapped around his waist and his ears were pressed to his head. The sound of sniffling filled the room and Takashi felt his heart breaking. “I'm sorry.” He moved to Zero quickly, putting a hand on his shoulder. He wasn't surprised when Zero shrugged him off.

“You're engaged. That's wonderful.” Zero said through tears. “Once I get the invitation, I'll RSVP. I hope you guys have tuna there. That would be great.” He started to ramble, his tears never stopping. “I guess I need to apologize to her. I thought some really nasty things about her in this noodle of mine.” He turned off the stove and grabbed his jacket.

“You'll probably want your wife to move in here, right? I'll send for my things.” He smiled sadly and threw his key on the table. Takashi frowned. “Where will you go..?” Zero laughed and Takashi tried to ignore the pain he heard.

“I don't see how that's any of your concern now, Mori-sempai. You should worry about your wife.” Takashi tried to ignore the fact that Zero no longer called him Takashi, or the fact that he was leaving, the fact that his heart was breaking. He tried to ignore it all.

When the door closed behind Zero, Takashi barely felt the couch beneath him. He sat there for a while before he grabbed his phone. First, he texted Mitsukuni to tell him that he finally told Zero. Then, he texted the twins and Tamaki, in case Zero went there. Finally, he called the devil himself.

“Ootori Kyoya.” Takashi bit his tongue to keep his words in check. “It's Takashi. You'll be happy to know that I told him. Now, delete the pictures.” His grip on the phone tightened. To think he would be blackmailed. He heard Kyoya snicker on the other end. “Of course, Mori-sempai. I'll have them deleted and the originals sent over to your home.”

Takashi hung up and looked down at his hands. Today really wasn't his day.