No, I Won't.

~Kyoya’s POV~

Zero fell asleep without giving me an answer. I doubt he even heard what I said. I gently laid him down on the couch before going back to the club downstairs. All eyes were on me as I reached them.

“He’s asleep. We need to talk.” I said, sitting in a chair and pouring myself a drink. Everyone sat down except for Mori. “I’m planning to get back into Zero’s life. I’m going to marry him, for real this time.”

The room stayed silent for a while before Tamaki spoke up. “What if he doesn’t want to marry you? What if he doesn’t want to risk it?” he said, staring at me. I shrugged, taking a drink. “If that’s what he decides, then so be it. But I’m not giving up without a fight.”

“Neither am I, Kyoya.” Mori said quietly. “You’ve had your chance and you ruined it. This is your doing.” He seethed, his fists clenching. “If he chooses me, then he chooses me. I’m not going to fight you for him, Mori. I refuse. Fighting with you is why he’s upstairs right now.” I said, sitting my now empty glass on the side table.

“You don’t deserve him.” Hikaru spat, his arms crossed over his chest. Everyone turned to him. His face was redder than his hair. “Excuse me?” I said, glaring him down.

“You heard me. You don’t deserve him. Neither does Mori. The only person who does is Honey or Haruhi and they aren’t interested.” He glared back at me. “You and I made a BET on him and you cheated on him with over fifty percent of this room.” He then turned to Tamaki. “You were supposed to be his friend and instead, slept with his boyfriend. What a great friend and dad you are.” Tamaki shrunk into his seat as Hikaru turned his assault on to Mori. “You… You had people rooting for you! But you had a freakin’ fiancée… A fiancée that you forgot about. What kind of man forgets about his wife and then lies about her?”

Mori looked away, suddenly finding the wall more interesting. Hikaru then turned to his brother. “You knew about the bet and kept quiet. You didn’t warn him or anything.” He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “We were terrible to him. It’s amazing he even talks to us now. We’ve got a person in our lives who we don’t deserve. You guys shouldn’t put him through this. He doesn’t need it.” He stood, grabbing his jacket. “Kaoru, let’s go.”

He left, followed by Haruhi and Kaoru. Then Honey and Mori bid goodnight and left as well. Tamaki turned to me, his face void of any emotion.

It was scary, to say the least.

“You want to marry him..?” He asked, his voice as empty as his face. I gave a nod and he continued to keep his face empty. “And you’re sure?” I gave another nod. “What about me…” his voice broke slightly.

“You have been a great friend to me, Tamaki. You’re my best friend. I love you, I do. Just… Just not like I love Zero. I shouldn’t have been with you like that. I shouldn’t have been with anyone like that. I’ve lead you on and I’m sorry. I should’ve told you from the beginning that I didn’t feel that way. I should’ve said something…” I looked at the floor, the table, the bookshelf. Anywhere but at Tamaki.

It was silent for about half an hour before I heard him sigh. “Kyoya, it’s great to finally see this side of you. In school, you never showed any emotion, you never spoke how you felt. It’s amazing what a little love can do for you, huh?” he said, smiling slightly.

“I don’t want you to hate me. I don’t want anyone to hate me…” I said quietly, my face in my hands. “I don’t want to lose you guys as my friends, as my family.”

“Kyoya, I think you’re drunk.” Tamaki laughed slightly. “Yeah, he might be.” I frowned, hearing Zero in my head. “Dear God, I can hear him in my head now.” I sighed, closing my eyes.

“I’m not in your head dear, I’m right here.” I heard him sigh again. I looked up, only half surprised that he was actually there.

“Kyo-kun, you aren’t going to lose these people. They are your family. They love you. Despite the fights you have, the arguments, whatever it is you guys seem to be dealing with, you guys will make it through. That’s what family does. They help each other. They could never hate you. I swear it.” He said, kissing my head.

Tamaki bid us goodnight and left, leaving me with Zero. “Hikaru was right, I really don’t deserve you. I don’t. You deserve so much more than me. Like, a million times more better than me.” I said, leaning into Zero’s chest.

I felt him running his fingers through my hair. “You’re right, you don’t deserve me. No one does. What would you have to do to deserve a mess like me?” he laughed softly, god I love that laugh. “No one deserves anyone. I’m here, with you, because in the back of my mind, I believe that we’ll work out. The universe has a way of making things happen.”

“What do I have to do to get you to marry me?” I asked, leaning into his hand. He was silent and I started thinking of everything I’d have to do.

‘Maybe get him a puppy? I could do that. I’d get him the best puppy alive. Or maybe a jet? Does he like to fly? What if I get a jet and he hates flying and he doesn’t want to marry me anymore?’ I let my drunk thoughts ramble on until Zero kissed me.

His kisses are the most calming and soothing things in the world. Almost like getting a massage and petting a puppy at the same time the puppy is wearing a bow.

Okay, I really a drunk.

“Ask me.” He said, leaning his forehead against mine. I stared into his eyes, a smile on my lips. I moved closer, my lips barely touching his. “What do I have to do to get you to marry me?” I asked again, causing him to giggle. “Not that, you idiot.”

“Zero, will you marry me?” I asked, kissing his lips gently as I spoke.

He smiled wide and leaned away slightly.

“No, I won’t.”