Marry Me Again?

~Haruhi’s POV~

When the ambulance arrived, Zero refused to go. He hid behind Tamaki until Kyoya managed to get them to leave. His tail was wrapped around his waist tightly and he held a tight grip on the back of Tamaki’s shirt. He was terrified.

His eyes were wide and he pulled Tamaki back until he had his back in the corner.

“Zero-chan, you need to be looked at…” I said, stepping close to him. He held his side and his breathing grew heavier as he shook his head. Kaoru stood by my side, stepping closer as well. “Zero-chan, you could have some broken bones. We have to get them set.” He tried.

Zero just shrank back into the corner, pulling Tamaki in front of him. The room was silent before Tamaki turned to him.

“Zero, you’re hurt. You need to be seen. At least let the doctors here check you out.” He said, petting Zero’s hair. That calmed him down slightly and he nodded, his grip still firm on Tamaki’s shirt. 

Tamaki lead him upstairs and we sat in the living room. Kyoya followed after them, then Mori.

This… Will end badly..’ I thought…

~Tamaki’s POV~

I lead Zero up the stairs, his grip getting tighter when we heard footsteps behind us. We walked to Kyoya’s study and I laid him on the couch. I never imagined that this would have happened. I didn’t think that those two would hurt him. I know it was an accident but still, how stupid could they be?

This is worse than when Haruhi thought she could protect the customers at the beach.

I frowned deeply as Kyoya and Mori burst into the room. “Oi, Papa..?” Zero said, tugging on my shirt. I looked at him and my breath caught in my throat. He was close to tears.

“I… It hurts…” he said, his other hand clutching his side. “Tamaki, I’ll take care of him.” Kyoya said, stepping closer. Zero’s grip tightened and he hid his face in my back.

“I don’t think you should come any closer, Kyoya.” I muttered. Zero started to shake as if he were cold. I frowned even more. “You guys… You guys really hurt him…”

“I didn’t mean too! He knows that!” Mori yelled, storming over to us. He grabbed Zero’s arm and pulled him up, looking into his face. “You know I wouldn’t hurt you! You know that! I would never, ever, hurt you on purpose!” he screamed.

Zero’s face was frozen in fear. His breathing got heavier and he tried to get out of Mori’s grip. “Mori stop! You’re scaring him!” I yelled, grabbing his waist and pulling him back to me. He hid his face in my neck and I held him.

I can’t believe them. Kyoya turned to Mori and they started arguing. The bickering stopped when the doctor came in. He looked over Zero, pressing on his ribs slightly, checked his arm, and looked at his face.

Just from looking at him, the doctor could tell that his arm had been dislocated and he popped it back into place before putting a sling on it. By pressing on his ribs, he realized they weren’t broken but they were heavily bruised.

I stared at him as the doctor gave him some pain meds. His face contorted into pain when Kyoya sat next to him. “Everyone leave. Now.” His voice was calm. I started to leave, grabbing Mori’s arm. He hardly resisted. “Mori, I think you should leave.” I said, once we got out of the room.

I walked down to the others and told them what the doctor said about Zero’s condition. They looked relieved and Mori stood next to Honey. I smiled softly, looking around the room. ‘This is my family. I’m a lucky man.’ I thought, sighing softly.

~Kyoya’s POV~

When Tamaki dragged Mori out of the room, I looked at Zero. He shrunk away from me and huddled up into the corner. “Zero-chan…” I said, moving closer to him. He refused to look at me and that hurt. That hurt my heart.

“Zero… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for you to get mixed up in this. I don’t know what came over me when I jumped him. I shouldn’t have put you in a position where you could’ve gotten hurt. I wasn’t thinking and I apologize. I really do.” I laid my head on his shoulder, regret filling my chest. God, I was turning into the sappiest person on the earth.

“I’m so sorry.” I said, rubbing his side gently. He flinched for a moment before relaxing into my touch.

“I… I’m scared, Kyo-kun…” he said, his voice shaking. “I didn’t know what was happening. I never wanted you guys to fight, that’s why I left in the first place. Y… You guys are all great friends and then I came along and ruined it.” I felt the tears fall on my shoulder.

“How… How is it possible to have you guys like me, let alone be in love with me? There’s not a damn thing special about me but you guys… You guys make me feel like I’m someone, like I’m important… I just, I don’t understand…” he said, gripping his leg tightly. “What’s so special about me, huh? Why me?”

I grabbed his hand gently, lacing our fingers together. “Zero, you’re amazing. I’m sorry I didn’t say so sooner. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how… how precious you are, how sweet you are, how special you are, how lovely you are, how beautiful you are… I should’ve said something sooner. I should’ve been honest from the start. I never should’ve made that bet. I never should’ve lied to you.” I said, kissing his hand softly and grabbing his chin gently, making him look at me. “I know you’ve forgiven me for the bet, you’ve forgiven me for Kuro… But could you forgive me this? For letting you get hurt when you were with me…”

I felt him kiss my head and his fingers roam through my hair. “I’ll always forgive you, Kyo-kun…” he sighed softly. “I couldn’t stay mad at you. Or Mori for that matter…”

The room stayed silent for a while. We just laid on the couch and he played with my hair. It was nice.

I missed it.

“Zero-chan…” I looked up at him and his eyes met mine. It looked like he was falling asleep. I guess it was the medicine he had taken. “What will it take for you to marry me again? For real this time?”