Pretty Ending

~Zero’s POV~

‘Is he worth it..?’ I thought to myself. ‘I’ve been through so much crap because of this guy. I just… Okay Zero, pros and cons list go!’

‘But brain, I suck at lists…’ I frowned. I’m talking to and answering myself. Something is seriously wrong with me.

Kuro stared at me, waiting for my answer. “Well, is he?” I sighed softly. “He is. He’s definitely worth it.” I said, smiling slightly.

“Then why are you here, drinking and eating cake when you can be at home with your fiancée?” I smiled wide and stood up. “You’re right. Ha, how often do you hear that?” I laughed.

“You know, I thought it was going to take a lot longer to make you see that you guys love each other. I really thought I was going to have to drag you home.” Kuro said, standing after me. “I was really hoping for an airport scene, like in the movies.” He sighed, shaking his head. “Are you okay to drive?”

“Haha, no. You know I don’t drink and drive, whether it’s one or seven drinks.” I said, paying for my meal. “So, give me a ride back to Kyoya’s place. I need to talk to him. “I can’t drive! I’ve been drinking too!” Kuro said, pulling out his phone. “I’ll call for a car.”

I nodded and sat on the curb, smiling to myself. I don’t know why I didn’t realize this before. Kyoya was totally worth it. I love him. It shouldn’t have been this hard to see it. If I ended up hurt, if I ended up broken hearted, if I ended up back where I was, it wouldn’t matter. I love him.

I love him.

I’m in love with him.

I’m in love with Kyoya Ootori.

I’m in love with my fiancé Kyoya Ootori.

I’m going to be an Ootori.

Zero Ootori. That sounds so cool.

I giggled to myself. “Uh, Zero? I think you’re drunk. You’re just giggling…” Kuro said, sitting next to me. “Yeah, I’m p… Kuro is that your car?!” I said, watching his car drive out of the parking lot. “Haha, yeah. That’s mine.” He laughed.

“Your car is driving away without you! It’s being stolen! Call the police!” I yelled, watching the car drive away. “It’s fine. I’ll just buy a new one if I really want to.” He shrugged it off and I frowned.

Stupid rich people.

Once the driver showed up, he drove me to Kyoya’s house.

“Just be honest with yourself and him.” Kuro said before leaving. I frowned as I walked into the house.

“K… Kyoya..?” I asked the air. I didn’t hear any sounds of anyone being there, let alone crying. I made my way to the living room and frowned more. No one was there.

“Zero…” I jumped, hearing Kyoya right behind me.

“Jesus Christ! Why would you do that?!” I screamed, putting my hand over my heart. “Is there something you wanted?” he asked, his voice like ice.

“I, uh, yeah. I wanted to um, talk to you…? If that’s okay..?” I said, gripping the hem of my shirt. He shrugged, sitting on the chair he was in before I left. I sat across from him.

This is like déjà vu.

I sighed, biting my lip. ‘I don’t know what to say. I just can’t say oh yeah, I’m ready to marry you. That’s not right. I turned him down. Dear God I turned him down. What if he doesn’t want to marry me anymore? What if he realized he can do better? What if he’s too heartbroken? What if he doesn’t forgive me? What if…’