Remedy. (one shot)

AN: Okay guys. I hope you enjoy this one. If you have any ideas, be sure to send them to me. I'd love to write for you.

~Zero’s POV~

I sighed as I looked around. Kyoya was taking down the crib and the twins were carrying pieces up to the attic. “I can’t believe he’s too big for his crib already! He must take after Haruhi.” I smiled softly as Kaoru glared at me. “I’m pretty tall, thank you. I’m taller than her!” he grabbed a stuffed animal and tossed it at me.

“Yeah, but Haruhi grew really fast as a baby!” Tamaki yelled, bringing a latter up the stairs. “Tamaki-senpai, why do you have a latter..?” I asked, stepping to the side as Honey and Mori followed him with buckets of orange and green paint.

“Oliver said he was a big boy and wanted to paint his room.” Haruhi said, carrying the five year old into the room once the crib and tools were removed. “He decided on orange and green…” Kaoru shuddered, looking away from them.

Obviously, Oliver got his sense of fashion from his mother.

Haruhi sighed and shook her head. “He’s a kid, let him be creative.” She put him down and he ran over to Tamaki, begging to be picked up. No one understood why he liked the blond so much.

I suspected it was because Tamaki always slipped him candy when no one was looking.

Tamaki picked him up and handing him a paint brush covered in green paint. “Paint the world, little one!” Oliver smiled, thrashing the brush on the wall. We all watched with grins as the boy painted.

“Are you drawing anything special?” I asked, walking over to them. Oliver started to struggle against Tamaki and he sat him down. Oliver smiled up at me and took my hand. “I’m painting for Remy.” He whispered, his smile turning into a bright grin.

I stared at him with my eyes wide. “F… For Remy? How sweet…” I whispered back, kissing his forehead. “I’m sure she’ll love it. How about I help you?” I sat next to him, grabbing the orange paint.

~Kyoya’s POV~

“I’m painting for Remy.” Oliver said quietly. The room grew cold. I watched as Zero went stiff. “F… For Remy? How sweet…” his voice shook. “I’m sure she’ll love it. How about I help you?” I watched as he sat next to Oliver and helped him paint. I leaned against the wall quietly and everyone watched the two paint.

“Did you tell him to do that?” I asked Haruhi and Kaoru, looking at them slightly but keeping my focus on my husband. “No, we didn’t.” Haruhi started as she watched the two on the floor. Everyone noticed how Zero’s ears were flat against his head and how his tail rested on his lap.

“He just said that he wanted to paint his room. That he wanted it to be pretty.” Kaoru said, wrapping his arms around Haruhi causing her to lean against him. They both watched their son as he painted with Zero.

We watched as Oliver climbed into Zero’s lap and put his hands on his cheeks.

“Don’t cry Zeze. It’s okay.” He said, pushing his cheeks up into a smile. “Remy is happy now.” He smiled, kissing Zeros nose like his parents had done plenty of times for him when he was upset.

That caused Zero to break down into tears. Oliver’s smile started to fade and, in true kid fashion, he started to cry. Haruhi and I rushed over, each grabbing our reasons for joy and cradled them. Kaoru came over and tried to calm Oliver down while Honey came and tried to help soothe Zero.

Remedy a girl who lived with Zero back at the orphanage. She was the one who broke all the windows in our limo. Even when Zero was in the United Kingdom, he kept in contact with her. She was his little sister through and through. Five years ago, she helped Haruhi give birth to Oliver in an intense snow storm. They were trapped in the subway when Haruhi’s water broke. Due to that, she was Oliver’s Godmother. She loved Oliver like her own son.

A year ago, she was rushed to the hospital for breathing troubles. The doctors found a softball sized tumor on her lung.

She passed away a week after they found it.

We all took the news hard but no one took it harder than Zero. For months afterwards, he wouldn’t eat or play music. He had fallen into a deep depression, deeper than any of us had ever seen.

He never truly came out of it but he got better. He started eating, he picked up his guitar again, and he was able to play without crying. The music he played was still depressing to this day.

I rubbed his back as he sobbed. The others left the room as I rocked him. Before they closed the door, Oliver ran over to us. His face was red from crying and he wiped his eyes, tugging Zero’s hand.

“I’m sorry for making you sad.” He apologized, holding Zero’s hand tightly. “But Remy wouldn’t want you to cry. Cry baby.” He slapped Zeros hand lightly and Zero looked up at him.

I glared at the kid. What right did he have to call Zero a cry baby when he cried over spilled milk! “Cry baby!” he said again, pulling at Zero’s ears.

I don’t believe in child abuse. I don’t. I think it’s wrong and you shouldn’t hurt a child out of anger. But in that moment, I was ready to punt that little bastard across the room.

I was about to rip him a new one when I heard Zero giggle.

I looked at him and his giggle turned into a laugh.

To say I was confused would be an understatement. I knew from personal experience that him laughing in times of distress were never good. Maybe it was a psychotic break?

Maybe he was losing his mind?

Maybe I really should kick this kid across the room?

“Remedy would call me that all the time. I would cry about the stupidest things…” He said, patting Oliver on the head. “I’m done crying now. I promise. I won’t be a cry baby anymore.” He promised, smiling at the boy.

A few hours later, Zero and I found ourselves cuddling in bed. I ran my fingers through his hair, lightly scratching behind his ears. “Kyo-kun…” he said, rubbing my chest in small, soft circles. “Yes my love?”

“I’m not over it.” He started. “I’m not over losing her yet. I don’t want to be. I don’t want her to be just a memory that I’ll forget.” He confessed, looking up at me. “I don’t want to feel anything. I don’t want to be happy knowing that she can’t smile anymore. I don’t want to be sad knowing she can’t cry anymore. I don’t want to make jokes because she can’t laugh. I don’t want to play music anymore because she’s not here to hear it.”

“It’s not fair. It’s not fair that this happened to her.” He hid his face in my neck. I felt the tears fall from his eyes and I frowned, holding him tighter. “You really are a cry baby.” I said, playing with his hair as he cried. “You promised Oliver that you wouldn’t cry anymore.” I sat up slowly, pulling him into my lap.

“Listen to me Zero. You won’t forget her. The whole time you were away, you thought of her didn’t you? You will always think about her. Smile because she can’t, cry because she can’t, laugh because she can’t, and write songs for her. She’s in everything you do, Zero-chan. You just have to remember that. In a way, she’ll be your remedy for the pain.”

Remedy – 1, noun; a medicine or treatment for disease or injury, 2, verb; set right