Chapter 7

The girls thought I was still in on their plotting against Maddison.

I couldn't bring myself to tell them that I wasn't, so whenever they asked, I just said it was going fine. They weren't too happy with fine, though.

They wanted more than me occasionally walking home with Danny and Maddison, or occasionally sitting with them at lunch. It had been weeks since they came up with the plan and they expected more but I couldn't bring myself to tell them I wasn't going to give them more because there was not going to be more.

They also wanted to know more about Maddison's sexual life like who she was having sex with right now, which was really hard to say because I had heard something about Cathy but then I also heard her talk about Emma but Danny also said she was with Brianna, so... I had really nothing to say about that.

The girls didn't really have a plan either yet. So far, all they did was tell me what to wear and what not to wear, how to do my hair and what shampoo to use to take better care of my hair because apparently, Maddison liked girls with nice hair. I was also getting taught how to flirt but I was really bad at it. Thankfully though, these flirting lessons were through text messages and most of the time I could get out of them by simply not replying.

It was so fucking hard trying to keep up, honestly.

Although, what was surprisingly easy, was getting along with the girls.

Take Becca, for example. Whenever I was in English Lit., Becca had made it a habit of sitting next to me, trying to get me to flirt with her and showing me how to do it, it wasn't working but she wasn't giving up. What was working, though, was having her as a partner in English class. She was actually really good with English Lit. At first, I could tell she was wary of me but lately, I've come to realise that she was slowly warming up to me. Even if she did roll her eyes at almost everything I said.

The other girls, though, they were easier to get along with. Nina was pretty much everything I thought she would be and if anything, I was happy that I at least got the chance to sort of befriend her. Cassie and I bonded over games, which was pretty cool. Maggie was teaching me how to walk with heels but I kept refusing to wear them to class because... embarrassing. The girls were actually nice. They were all very different and I could tell there was still some tension between them all but they at least weren't pulling each other's hair anymore.

I couldn't help feeling bad about all this. The girls said I wasn't doing anything bad myself but I couldn't help it. Maddison wanted to be my friend again and to be honest at times I actually did miss being her friend and even though I didn't agree with her sexual ways or even though she pissed me off sometimes, under all of the shitty attitude she was still the same old Maddie, deep down she was still the same. And I didn't want to do something that would potentially hurt her, even if I didn't actually believe the plan the girls had in mind was actually going to work. Even if she did get with Sam...

It had gotten to the point where I even thought about forgetting about the plan, it was stupid, sooner or later the girls were going to realise that their "vendetta" wasn't actually going to work.

This was Maddison we were talking about, for goodness sake, she wasn't going to fall in love unless it was like for one of them supermodels that had a body straight out of a magazine and ate salad and drank water that cost more than my two-week allowance.

Maddison would only settle down for someone out of this fucking world, someone who people looked up to, someone that you read about on books and you imagine to be the most beautiful girl ever. And let's be real, we're still teenagers, no fucking way that girl was walking down the hallway right now. If Maddison was to fall in love, it'd be later on, like, maybe in her mid 20s or something, when she matured and began to act like a decent human being with actual feelings and not someone who basically acted based on her lust for girls.