Chapter 24

When I woke up, my head was banging and my throat felt sore.

I didn't remember getting back to the tent, or when exactly I fell asleep or at what point during the night I got beat up so bad that my body felt like a tractor had run over it.

I didn't want to get up.

I laid on my side, barely moving because I was too afraid I'd wake Becca and because I also because sleeping on the floor had finally messed up my body and my back hurt whenever I moved.

I really needed to pee and it was one of those times when you tried not to think about it but as the minutes go by, it was literally the only thing on your mind and the more you tried to suppress it the more your bladder hurt. I moved around, trying to be quiet but when I sat up, Becca wasn't there and although I was slightly worried, the need to pee was bigger.

I headed out of the tent and towards the bathroom thingy. I was very surprised that we didn't have to do our things in a hole. Like I said, I had never been camping so I was very clueless about that particular subject. It was Cassie who showed us the bathroom, it was one of those portable bathrooms. Apparently, this was a very popular camping site.

Once I was done, I brushed my teeth and contemplated showering but my head was pounding and the last thing I wanted was to shower. I just wanted my bed. Camping as exhausting. It just wasn't for me.

Don't get me wrong, it was amazing spending time with the girls but I'd rather do it somewhere a little more... indoor-ish.

When I came back to our camp, I looked for the girls but they weren't around. Panicking, I tried to think about where they'd go. There were no bears or wolves. They were fine, if anything I was sure I would've heard them dying or something. We had no plans for today. If I remember correctly, the girls even said Sunday morning we would relax before going home in the evening.

"Finally," Becca's voice startled me, making me jump.

"What the fuck," I gasped, my hand over my chest.

She was wearing her short shorts and an oversized hoodie. She had her hair in a bun, strands of it were falling all over her face. She had one of her earphones in her ear, the wire of the other one between her lips.

"Where's everybody? I thought you guys got killed. It's so cold."

"The girls left early in the morning," She laughed, brushing her hair out of her face. "Nina wanted them to see the spot Cassie kept talking about but you wouldn't wake up so they left. I stayed to keep an eye on your drunk ass."

"Ha-ha," I roll my eyes at her mocking smile. "I'm so cold, Becca. How are you not freezing?"

I headed to our tent, grabbing Becca's warm hand as I go and dragging her in with me.

"It's not that cold." She said, allowing me to drag her.

Once in our tent, I laid down, bringing her down with me. Her body was radiating warmth. It was like my own personal heater.

"Holy shit, you're so warm." I shivered, bringing the covers up to my chin, somehow managing to keep Becca close to me.

I rolled around, feeling slightly sick. I hadn't eaten anything this morning but I felt like what I ate last night might come out of me if I didn't sit up. I could feel Becca's eyes on me but I had to focus on my breathing until my nausea went away.

"You okay?" She asked, her hand over mine.

"I don't think I can lay down," I ignored her mocking grin. I've never been hangover, I didn't find any of this funny but her smile? Oh, fuck... it made the spinning in my stomach worst. "But I want to sleep."