Chapter 8

I looked down at my phone, there were three blue messages. The ones I sent. Under the messages, I kept seeing the read 7:24 PM. I rolled my eyes, throwing my phone at the other end of the sofa.

Maddison and I had been texting the whole week but as soon as Friday rolled around? She completely ignored me. She left me on read.

I got out of the sofa, sighing as I made my way to the kitchen. This was my life. From the sofa to the fridge. I didn't mind it. At least the fridge can't leave me on read.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a green apple. Unlocking my phone once again to see if maybe something had changed but just like the last hundred times I've checked, it just said read. Groaning at myself, I went back to the living room where I had the show on pause. Aunt Cecil, after it took lots of convincing, finally went out with a friend of hers who came to visit her for the weekend.

I was munching on my apple, watching 90 Days Fiancé when the doorbell rang. At first, I ignored it because Aunt Cecil had keys and if she didn't she would've called before ringing, as would any other member of my family. If anything, it was either one of them door-to-door salesman or... someone that I did not want to see. We didn't get many visitors.

I waited but then it rang again, and again... and so on until I stood up and walked to the door.

"Finally, I thought I was going to have to break in," Becca rolled her eyes when I opened the door, she walked past me into my house.

"Come on in," I whispered, closing the door and following after her. She sat in the living room's sofa, looking at the piano that sat by the window.

Her eyes were glued to it, emotions running across her eyes. "You play?"

I shook my head, sitting next to her. "Nope," I lied, I was the daughter of a pianist, of course, I played but if I said yes, chances were she'd ask me to play and there was nothing in this world that could make me play again.

As if she could tell that I didn't want to talk about it, Becca looked away from the piano, turning back to the TV. Her whole face changing.

"Oh, I love this," She said, pointing at the TV.

"Weren't you going to a party?" I asked her, frowning. But then I remembered the thing about frowning and stopped.

"What're you doing, right now?"

"Watching a show," I stated the obvious, pointing at my TV.

"Well, wanna go out?" Becca smirked and when I shook my head, she rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on, I really want to go out."

"What about the girls?" I asked her, sitting down next to her.

Becca shrugged with a disinterested face, "I don't know, I haven't talked to them."

A part of me was excited because Becca came over and considered me to go to a party with her, I mean that said something, didn't it? At least we were getting closer, we were sort of friends and I never had a friend other than Maddison and Danny.

So, the fact that she came to take me to a party, take me and not the other girls, it made me feel... all warm and fuzzy. I shrugged, not really bothering to try to say no because I knew she'd end up convincing me. Becca squealed, getting up and dragging me to my room.

"I figured you would come," She said, running up the stairs with me behind her. I wondered how she even remembered where my room was... "I mean, I thought it was going to take me a lot of convincing but still... I got you some stuff."

Once we got to my room (I was still sort of shocked that she knew which one was my room) Becca took some stuff out of her bag and laid on my bed. My eyes widen when I saw a bunch of brand-new makeup.