the surgery (alt.2)

Hey so I wanted to write 2 different endings to that story soo))

Ethan cried as Tyler rubbed his back slowly. His tears soaked through his shirt and onto his chest. Ethan's sobs got louder as Tyler rubbed his back.

"T-Tyler, what if I don't make it?" He whispered quietly, eyes still full of tears as he looked up at Tyler.

"My darling, you will. 'Till death do us part," he whispered back as they curled up against the headboard of their bed.

t i m e s k i p

As Ethan went in for his surgery, Tyler waited outside. He played on his phone for a while, looking around nervously. He ate the muffin he bought while he waited. A nurse walked out, holding a clipboard.

"Tyler Scheid-Nestor?" She called, looking around with grief in her body. Tyler jumped up, grabbing his phone as he walked speedily to the nurse. The nurse took him down the hall until he was outside of Ethan's room.

"Mr. Scheid-Nestor, I regret to inform you that your husband managed to lose all his memory in the surgery. We will give you an information packet later about helping Ethan and dealing with this. You can see him if you like," she says, opening the door for him.

Ethan looked cold, his eyes weren't bright anymore. His lips were thin and pale and Tyler hated seeing him like this. He sat down next to Ethan, who stared at him.

"Ethan, do you know who I am?" He asked, gripping Ethan's hand.

"I'm sorry? I don't know who you are," Ethan admits, looking down at their hands. They had matching rings so Ethan guessed that they were married. Tyler sighed and sadly gazed over Ethan's body.

When Ethan fell asleep, Tyler opened his phone and went to the folder containing all of their memories. Their first date, prom, the proposal, the wedding, the cute photos with Chica. Tyler smiled and hit play on the proposal video.

They were at a park, the trees covered in fairy lights, the happy couple curled up watching movies with Mark and Amy, who had gotten married a few months earlier, and Chica. As the movie ended, Tyler got on one knee and opened a box that held a beautiful silver ring. It wasn't coated in diamonds but it had small blue gems pushed into the sides of the ring. Ethan's eyes widened as he blushed heavily. He covered his mouth with his hands in shock.

"Ethan, will you marry me?"
"Of course!"

That's when Ethan woke up. He watched Tyler smile at the video and waited patiently until the end.
"Can I see the video? I feel like I know it somehow," Ethan says.
Tyler nods and hands him the phone with the video playing.

Ethan watches the whole thing before the memories came flooding back. Their first kiss, the first date, prom, Tyler's oversized football jerseys, the proposal, their wedding.

"Tyler?" He asked, meeting his husband's eyes. Tyler nodded and hugged Ethan over the hospital bed.
Ethan patted the space next to him and Tyler got in bed next to him, wrapping him up close.

He pulled Ethan close, breathing in his scent. The couple talked for hours until Ethan fell asleep. Tyler fell asleep soon after.

The nurse, Kathryn, came in and checked over the boys. She gasped and nearly cried when she realised it. The boys had died together, holding each other close.