i n t e r v e n t i o n

Suggested by IamSage88 soo lessa go

High school!AU Ethan and Tyler aren't together.

Ethan's mom noticed first. Her son became distant, the lights were on but no one was home. He began to come home with a lovey-dovey look in his eyes. She began to worry, what was her son doing behind her back?

Then Ethan's sister noticed. Her brother would flop onto his bed and not come out for hours. The way Ethan picked at his food and the way his words slurred on occasion had them all worried.

Then Mark and Amy noticed. The young couple watched their friend drift off in the middle of conversation or how he didn't focus on class anymore. He no longer went to parties, he stayed inside all day. To say the least, they were suspicious. Everyone was.

So when Ethan comes home one day to find Mark, Amy, his mother, his father and his sister sitting on couches.
"Mark, Amy, what are you doing here?" He says, still confused. His mother rubbed his sister's arm before standing up.
"Ethan, we want to be honest with you and we want you to be honest with us. We have started to notice that you are very distant, Ethan have you been taking drugs?" She asks, nearly crying.

Ethan steps back, incredibly confused.
"I'm sorry? I don't- I don't know what's happening?" He asks, still confused. Mark and Amy shared a worried glance before Amy stood up.

"Ethan, have you been taking drugs? Please be honest, please. You're becoming distant in conversation, you're never coming to parties anytime and you always stare into nothingness." Amy cries.

Ethan looks down, putting his backpack down.
"I haven't been taking drugs, I promise." He says, staring into his sister's eyes.

Now, Ethan's sister is quite peculiar. After watching Sherlock BBC, she became obsessed and learnt how to deduce people. It was quite creepy, but she wasn't as fast as Sherlock but it was quite annoying when she could tell you the waiter's life story by their cheek bones and if people had a crush on someone just by their pulse.

Ethan's sister, Elizabeth (Eliza for short), reached out and grabbed his hands, moving her finger's over his pulse.
"Ethan, is there anything else you would like to tell us?" She asks, looking into his eyes.

Ethan's eyes prickle with tears as he nods.
"Mom, Dad, Eliza, Mark and Amy. I-I'm gay.." he whispers, watching their faces. Mark hugs him, Amy follows. Then his mom and his dad are up, all in a group hug. Eliza smiles, watching his eyes intently.

"Is there a boy you would like to tell us about?" She asks, removing her fingers. That little bum knew about Tyler. She knows about their rendezvous and their kisses. She knew all about it.

"There is someone, Tyler. He's really nice and handsome." Ethan says before Mark and Amy begin to laugh. Their squad was one of the nerdiest around, Tyler was one of the school's best baseball players.

"Oh my Ethan! We have to meet him!" His mom squealed, holding her son close, proud.

That's the story about the time Ethan had an intervention & the time he came out!

~ fin ~

I truly hope this is okay! Thanks again to IamSage88 suggesting this story! I'm always taking suggestions.

Eliza is my personal character who is Ethan's sister. She's like a mini Sherlock ahhh. She's named after Eliza Hamilton ofc.

- mars.