Crashing Down

Tyler stared ahead. He blinked. Nothing felt right, he couldn't feel Ethan's hand in his. Instead he got rough pats on the back, support as he stared at the coffin in front of him.

The priest looked at Tyler sympathetically,
"Tyler would like to say a few words." He stepped down and Tyler took his place.

The walk to the podium felt like it lasted hours, every step felt heavier as his heart began to freeze up. He cleared his throat and looked around the room.

"Ethan. Ethan, my love, my light, my everything. I love that man with all my heart and seeing him here today has been the most painful thing ever.
Losing Ethan has been the hardest moment of my life, and it hurts so much to know that nothing I do will save him but it hurts a little less to have all of you here feel the same.
He was there while I learnt how to fall in love and he was there when I fell to the ground. He was my everything and life just doesn't seem to go on now that he's gone. I just can't imagine saying goodbye anymore, I'm so-" his words broke down with sobs, his breaths felt like knives as he cried.

He carefully stepped away and sat back down. Mark wrapped his arm around Tyler's shoulders and offered him a tissue as he broke down.

The music began to play and images of Ethan began showing on the screen. He felt another tsunami of tears come as the memories of each photograph struck him, as if he was reliving the day again and again.

 He felt another tsunami of tears come as the memories of each photograph struck him, as if he was reliving the day again and again

"Tyler!!" Ethan laughed as Tyler put down the brush. He examined his husband's face and laughed.
"You look amazing, Babe!" He kissed him gently as Mark gagged in the background. Tyler wrapped his arm around Ethan's shoulder and grinned at Mark.

"Babe look, she's wearing Amy's sunglasses," Ethan laughed as he put the glasses onto Ella's face

"Babe look, she's wearing Amy's sunglasses," Ethan laughed as he put the glasses onto Ella's face. Tyler laughed and pulled his phone out to capture the moment of love between his family.
"Shouldn't she be in bed?" He laughed and kissed Ethan's forehead.

"Dad stop!!" Ella laughed as she and Ethan posed for the photo. Tyler grinned took the photo and checked to see how it turned out. He grinned and said,
"The grandparents are going to love it!"

Tyler was pulled back into reality but Kathryn rubbing his arm.
"Tyler? The ceremony is finished darling." She said softly, Tyler nodded at her.
"I'll be there soon." He told the group as he approached Ethan's coffin.

God, he looked heavenly even when he doesn't need to. I rubbed his cheek, it didn't feel right. His body was cold, this wasn't Ethan.

He sat down next to the coffin and began softly singing.
"I have died everyday waiting for you,
Darling don't be afraid,
I have loved you for a thousand years,
And I'll love you for a thousand more." The words felt like daggers an she sung their wedding song to his husband's dead body. He took Ethan's cold hand and kissed it.

"I'll see you on the other side, my love."