even my phone misses your calls, by the way. (alt. 1)

songfic of From The Dining Table by Harry Styles. I love his album, so please, enjoy this

Ethan passes away. Tyler finds closure in other boys and alcohol

//

Tyler awoke to silence, it hasn't been that way in forever, not since he met Ethan. The world seemed brighter when Ethan was around, the sky seemed clearer and he could smile. He hasn't smiled in a while, not since he lost Ethan. The world sort of revolved around that name doesn't it. Ethan Schied. Tyler patted the cold space next to him. He missed him so much.

He couldn't bear to be in that house anymore. So Tyler purchased to the cheapest hotel room he could find and went out. He needed stress relief and he found it in another boy's ass and lots of alcohol.

Tyler woke up the next morning, with a mystery man next to him. The boy looked like Ethan, he nearly called the boy Ethan. Thoughts danced around in his head, he looked through his hotel room. The boy next to him was dead asleep as Tyler rolled over and checked his phone.

4 : 08 AM

He went into his contacts and dialled his husband's number. He listened to their voicemail.

"Hey! You've reached Ethan Schied!
AND TYLER!
Leave me a message and we'll call you back!"

The boy beside him rolled over and cuddled into Tyler's chest. His breathing was so similar to Ethan, it nearly made Tyler cry. He couldn't do this anymore. He pushed his pillow into the boy's arms and got dressed. He paid for the room and informed the staff that his 'brother' would stay the extra night. (Tyler wouldn't dare admit to his one night stand.)

He drove home in the rain and opened his house. He went inside and ran into Ethan and Tyler's room. He saw him there. He saw the blue hair, he saw the small frame of his husband encased in his Deadpool shirt. He saw the thigh-highs and cried out. The figure looked at him.
"Hey Ty,' fuck. His voice was so perfect
"Hey, baby. I miss you so much," He croaked and approached the figure gently.

"I love you so much. Everyone is here, you know. Mark. Amy. Their daughter." He was brought back to that day in the hospital.

"Tyler, Tyler. Fuck. Come to the hospital now." Tyler was up in a minute, jumping in the car with Ethan, both in their pyjamas. Tyler drove as fast as possible without breaking any laws, rushing to the hospital where Mark and Amy were. He raced past the confused nurses, Ethan's hand gripping his tightly as they found Mark sobbing outside the room.
"Hey! Are you okay, what are you doing?"
"Amy and our daughter... they're both gone! They di-ied." Mark collapsed.

Mark committed suicide 2 days later.

The memories came flooding back and he released a sob.
"Tyler, I love you so much. I wish I could give you more. You need to find someone else, you will find someone else. Someone better," with that, the figure disappeared. Tyler started sobbing. He grabbed Ethan's guitar from where it was and strummed a few cords. He started sobbing as he played.

3 YEARS LATER.

Tyler misses his husband so much. But he has a new husband, his name is Sean. They have a little girl, Zahara. Tyler often looks at the guitar in the corner of his room, he cries, he drinks too much. Sean was always there. Sean notices his husband. He notices that he plays the same song every year, on the same day. He knew about Ethan, he knew how much Ethan meant to Tyler. Still, Tyler loves Sean. He got rid of Ethan's clothes (trttttrtadmittingly, half of Ethan's wardrobe is Tyler's) and gave them to charity.

He knew his time was ending. He felt guilty, leaving Sean and Zahara. He had been seeing his doctor a lot more recently, he had been infected by a virus that swept through his body. It was his last day on Earth. He loved his daughter and wrote her a note. He wrote one for Sean too before grabbing his guitar.

He sat down on theory grave of his husband and smiled. He began to strum a familiar tune as he began to sing.

"Woke up alone in my hotel room played lttottruwith myself,
where were you?
Feel back asleep, I got drunk by noon.
I've never felt less cool.

We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever be the first one to break?
Even the phone misses your call, by the way

I saw your friend that you know from work
He said you feel just fine
I see you gave him my old T-shirt
More of what was once mine

I see it's written, it's all over his face
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way

Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too
But you, you never do

Woke up the boy who looked just like you
I almost said your nameWe haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call
We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way,"

Sean found him in the morning, dead. He had blood seeping from his mouth, skin rotten, guitar next to him, on Ethan's grave.

//This is one alternative story written about this song. The next chapter will be ttreooanother from the tr trt, more of a songfic. I hope you all have a lovely day! x

Quick question: Would you rather be my mate or be my date?