candy shop / roses

TylaJKid is a v great person !! Thanks for the prompt !

21st January 

Ethan worked in the best candy store in America, Peebles' Candy. He sold candy to people every day, loving the way it brightened people's day. Usually, his boss, Jack, would put him on the sample stand. He would offer free samples to passersby and customers. He was focused and dedicated to his job until an attractive young man comes in every day to buy chocolate for his boyfriend, Mark, so Ethan gave him a different flavor of chocolate daily. To keep it interesting.

Tyler pulled his scarf up to cover his nose as he approaches the candy store. It was packed, as usual, but he hoped that they still had Mark's favourite flavor of chocolate, milk. His boyfriend had been deathly ill, so he got him his favourite every day to bring some joy into his life. He looked so sad in that hospital bed, Tyler's heart felt so heavy. He couldn't lose Mark. Even if it meant a minute of happiness a day, Tyler would always be there to supply the chocolate.

Ethan passed out the small chocolate balls to the children and passersby. He noticed Tyler and waved at him. 
"Try our delicious mint chocolate balls!" so Tyler took one.

22nd of January

Mark was bad today. He wished he could go back and tell him to quit. Tell him to stop smoking before it killed him. Because at the moment, Tyler wasn't sure that Mark would be waking up tomorrow. Tyler desperately paid the cashier, Signe, before rushing out of the packed store. He needed to see his boyfriend. He stopped by Ethan, collecting a caramel flavored square.

Tyler opened the door to his boyfriend's hospital room, looking at the sickly and pale Mark in the bed. The thin blankets were draped over his thin body, the once built man looking so small. It broke Tyler's heart as he entwined his fingers with his. The skinny fingers loosely gripped his hand as Mark began eating the chocolate Tyler had brought him. Mark finished the chocolate, laying back down and smiling appreciatively at him. 
"Thanks, love," Mark whispered before going back to sleep. Tyler sighed.

23rd of January

Tyler awoke to his boyfriend shaking in his sleep. He was shivering and murmuring, Tyler knew what was happening. He was losing Mark. He pressed for a nurse and held his boyfriend tightly, cuddling into him. He knew the time was coming but not now. Please god, not now. He needed Mark. Mark's breathing slowed until it came to an untimely end. He lost Mark. Mark was gone. He couldn't be gone. Mark was Mark, he promised he wouldn't leave Tyler. He promised. The nurses, Kathryn and Amy entered to see a sobbing Tyler with Mark. They checked his pulse. He was gone.

27th of January

Tyler hadn't been to the shop for a while. He was losing hope until he saw the man enter the store. His eyes were sunken in, he liked pale and thin, his lips with small and his cheeks were stained with tears. He greeted Ethan, taking a strawberry chocolate from his plate. 
"Hey, are you okay?" Ethan asked, putting down his platter and wrapping his arms around Tyler. Tyler moved into his embrace, gripping Ethan's waist while he cried. 
"H-He's g-g-gone." Tyler stuttered before sobbing into Ethan's neck. Ethan held him tighter and let Tyler cry into his neck. He pulled away after a while, holding Ethan's waist still. 
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you." Tyler grinned, wiping away his tears as Ethan grabbed a pen. He held Tyler's hand and scribbled his phone number on the back of Tyler's hand. 
"Call me if you need anything."

//

hi all!! So when I got this prompt,

"Ethan works at a candy shop and Tyler walks in looking for something to give to his bf/gf"

 I didn't mean for it to get angsty and I decided to combine it with the 'Roses' prompt. (Tyler gives Ethan a different colour rose every day.) I reversed it and turned it into chocolate. I might write a part 2 of this since it wasn't exactly all tythan. Thanks to the people who have been leaving prompts! I really appreciate it! Please leave more so I can write what people want to see!

Q - would you like a part two?

have a lovely day,
mars xx