Seventeen

The weekend was very productive, I organised myself with a to-do list that I stuck on that huge cork board inside our room, courtesy of Niall, and I did almost every task of mine. I get to do the week's worth of laundry, then I boarded around town, cleaned up CM's cage, tried to show him a few rabbit tricks –which he could not master– also, called up my mum a couple of times, practiced a few magic tricks for the neighbourhood kids and in Sunday, I lied around, watching a good couple of movies.

Sunday night, I decided to go boarding again. I took a bit of a chance to go pass that bridge wherein that embarrassing Taylor incident happened. I remembered, after getting pass that is just a while of walking to Taylor's house.

Only, I've got no business in that house, so I passed it like it's another normal house. I kept going until I went back.

When I almost passed her house, I kind of wanted to drop a visit but I remembered they probably got a hundred servants there inside their castle. Plus, they have shih tzu out in the front that barks like mad when I pass by. Why is it even outside? It's supposed to be just inside the house.

One maid came out and then asked me what my business is. I said I was just passing by, which, clearly wasn't a lie at all.

I made it my goal to look where Taylor's bedroom is and it's not hard to spot at all. At the left side of the house, at a window above it is a small roof with a gutter passageway was Taylor's room.

I know, it wasn't hard to find at all, since, she's right there, dangerously sitting on top of the piece of roof above her window, her feet on the gutter to stabilise her. Taylor lied back, with a book on her hand.

Riptide side.

I figure, it's every bit her to be on that roof. She's safe anyway so I haven't got anything to worry about. I kept reminding myself that she's perfectly safe on her own.

I boarded around until I left the scenery. When I was on the bridge, I called her up.

"Harry," She greeted.

"Nice view, I reckon," I said.

"Seriously?" She asked but her tone is no longer surprised. "I suppose you're on the bridge now."

I wasn't surprised that she found out either. I reckon, I shouldn't be much surprised on anything about her. She could be a secret agent of the FBI and I honestly wouldn't be startled.

"Yeah," I answered. "What are you doing there?"

I pictured her shrugging a bit, biting her lower lip first before answering, "I just needed some time home but not with them. My parents are downstairs."

"Why?"

"I don't really need to bother you with it," She said, backing out on the telling thing she started with.

But to be honest, I wasn't going to force her on it. "It's alright with me if you're not in the mood for sharing."

"Seriously?"

"Honestly," I replied. "I couldn't really care less if you don't want to tell me. I don't think I'm that close to you anyway."

She was quiet for a moment, and I think I might have spoken the truth too harshly.

"I'm sorry if that was a harsh." I said, "Oh, I'm so sorry was that--"

"Don't be," Taylor said. "Just. . . yeah." And then she ended the call.

I didn't bother calling her again, I think I might have been too rude. For the record, ending the call in the middle of the conversation is every bit rude as well but I think, that might have already been an understandable habit between the two of us.