Fifty-One

It was a rather harsh competition but gladly, we ended up in second place. Mr. Delfin was pretty proud of us, even treated us and promised Taylor he'd be in her party tomorrow.

Honestly, he is one of the best teachers ever. He had been so concerned and basically watched us the entire day. And at the end of it, he treated us to this restaurant and we helped ourselves to some delicious Thai food.

Taylor was watching over me too and she never left my side but we barely talked so I reckon she's still not that ready to talk to me.

Aside from the food, as a reward for joining the team, all of us had these varsity jackets, a combination of black and white but with a badge of being a History member.

When I got home, I was extremely tired. It was a different tired, it's actually tired from everything so I lied on my bed immediately the moment I got into the door.

"At least change your clothes." Niall muttered, barely looking up from his laptop.

"I'm tired." I muttered, the pillow blocking my voice but I reckon he heard it.

"Fine, if you want to get sick."

I groaned and stood up. I took most of my clothes off and leaving my boxers, and then I got back on my bed. I threw my clothes in the basket and then threw my blanket over me.

"Why are you bruised like that?" He asked, like he usually does but I reckon this is much worse. I've been hit by a car, not fatal but it hurts like hell.

"Let me sleep." I muttered and it wasn't long before I actually dozed off.

But it wasn't much of a long sleep. I got awoken by the lights as they were rather blinding even if I haven't opened my eyes yet.

"Harry, turn the lights off!" Niall muttered sleepily.

"I'm sleeping here." I mumbled, as sleepy as him. I turned my back on the wall to face him and squinted my eyes a bit, he was sleeping soundly.

"God, I'm so sorry."

I honestly did not even see that coming. My eyes snapped open at the same time the lights went out. Even without the lights, I saw Taylor standing in the middle of the room.

I had to debate first whether I was dreaming or not.

Niall stood up while I sat up and then he turned the lights on. We were both in alarm yet I reacted much calmer than he is.

I rubbed my eyes, while wishing that this isn't happening.

"Fuck, Taylor, what are you doing here?!" Niall asked but Taylor's eyes were on me and it's every bit indecent because I barely had any clothes on.

I groaned as I took a shirt from my bag and threw it on me. "Taylor, what are you doing here?" I asked calmly as I took some jeans.

She is wearing a dark hoodie with blue jeans and her hair wasn't in braids, more likely loose. "Are you okay?" She asked in her innocently, calm and quiet voice.

"To be honest, I just want to sleep." I said because I was insanely tired and I haven't had proper sleep in a long time. I laid my head down my pillow while I waited for her to say something.

"I'm sorry for breaking in, it's just — I-I r-really can't —" Taylor shut her eyes tight and licked the bottom of her lips. "I'm just sorry, I'm really sorry."

"Taylor," I said, "you can do this any other time. Please, not now." I couldn't believe that I am even saying this but I really am tired. I could barely even manage to keep my eyes open for so long.