Twenty-Five

The next day, I highly doubted I'll see Taylor at lunch or in some of the classes as –I think, there's another competition coming up but this one is in Literature. Which is why I've went on with my day normally.

In my Chemistry class, Kendall was pretty upset. I sat beside her so I as the whole thing. She was reading a Percy Jackson book under her textbook and I tried to warn her but Mr. Lucy had already seen her book. She was pretty upset about it as she said, it was the first book she ever bought for herself.

"Do you want me to get it for ya?" I asked. I've done it before anyways. . . once. But back then, my gang and I are in the same class so it was easy but now I think I am going to have to do this one on my on.

"How?" She asked.

"I'll just get it." I said, "Give me about five minutes, alright?"

"Yeah, sure." She muttered, still obviously pissed off as after, she started cursing Mr. Lucy's name.

After a moment, Mr. Lucy had asked someone to solve that problem on the board and that was my cue. I raised my arm and he called me, gladly.

As I was solving the problem on the board, I thought of the many ways wherein I could get the book from the teacher's desk. But then, when I was finished, Mr. Lucy was chatting with someone on the door so I took it casually and purposely left my notebook behind, replacing the book –same colour and I can get it back anyways.

I sat back to my seat with a sigh, "Here you go." I said and placed the book on her desk.

"Whoa, really?!" She exclaimed. "Thank you!"

I smiled, "No problem."

At the end of the subject, I luckily got my notebook back and then during lunch is the same old routine.

"The day seems quiet." Jhanelle muttered.

"Meaning?" I asked.

She shrugged as she took a bite out of her burger. She swallowed first before saying, "I don't know, no rains in the hallways and no chatter on the P.A. system, what this dude getting a break?"

I haven't thought about it, honestly. I don't have any plans for today, which was rather strange, I haven't done anything even minor. But then I remember I'm still talking to Jhanelle so to make up for the lost, suspicious time that I haven't replied, I laughed. "Aren't you supposed to be relieved?"

"Supposed to be, but, ya know printing of school papers doesn't end until the second Friday of the month. If I were this prankster, I would have started something up." She said.

"If I were you, I probably wouldn't wait for this lad, I would have done it myself." I replied. I started eating through my mac and cheese, taking a bite out of my apple every once in a while as well.

"Sure, although one problem, my parents promised that if I behaved, I'll get to be on any college I want. So, guidance records are not an option." She explained and then continued eating.

"Oh." That was all I could muster out at the moment as the thoughts came into my head. I guess, not everyone has the luxury to do what I do.

But speaking of pranks, I haven't done one today. . . strangely.

I suppose one day couldn't hurt.

"Harry, one question." Berlyn said and my attention went to her.

"Yep?" I asked, taking a bite out of the apple.

"You totally love apples, don't you?" She asked and, well, I've got nothing to lie about.

"Erm, yeah." I said running my fingers through my hair. "I have this erm, strange fruit obsession, mostly apples."