Sixty-Seven

Still, the whole church was both still and quiet. Not a single noise could be heard.

The moment was very precious yet in suspense at the same time. The genuine reactions of everyone was almost the most wondrous thing as some were surprised, some were smiling, some were liking the thrill.

Honestly, it was confusing as hell. I've no idea what's going on, why everything seemed topsy turvy. It's just strange. There was just the strangest feeling that is going through me but I know fear is a part of it. . . fear of losing Taylor.

Taylor let go and her breathing was still unnerved. She looked right into my eyes, she licked her lips. "I — I can't believe you're here."

I wondered, for a split second why no one had said anything at all, not even the groom but hey, I don't care. All I care about is Taylor.

"Of course, I'm here. You think I'm just going to let you go? Just like that?" I asked, I wouldn't let her go, not without a fight and that's exactly what I'm doing.

She smiled and held my cheek, her eyes already slowly pouring out tears but she was smiling. "No," she answered, and forced out a chuckle. "No, I — I really wanted you to come."

That answers my question. She wanted me to come.

I blinked a few times. "You really wanted me to come?" I asked, a bit confused, my eyebrows meeting. I was almost stunned by disbelief by I have caught on.

"Why else would I leave it at your dartboard?" She asked quietly and hugged me again, "I'm so glad you came!" Her voice was very soft, like she didn't want the rest of the people to hear about it.

She wanted me to stop it? She wanted me to be here? That brought me relief but also shock at the same time. Honestly, she could have gotten out of this situation if she chose to. . . why does she need me to come?!

The moment she pulled away, she was already smiling yet there were still tears in her eyes. She wiped them with her hand and sighed.

"God, thank you so much! It would've been really embarrassing," she mumbled under her breath but since I was close enough, I heard her.

I sighed, I wanted to ask, what now?

Honestly, I've no idea what goes on next.

Taylor slowly closed her eyes and opened them again, taking deep breaths, "I am so glad you came."

I blinked a few times again, I was confused. Actually, I haven't seen a wedding scenario with this one so I haven't got any idea what to do.

"So what about the wedding?" I asked, I am very unsure of what to say and it's all I could ask.

I was actually afraid of the answer. . .

Taylor shrugged a bit and slightly smiled, "It — It still should go on." Her voice was too much of a whisper but it took me by surprise.

Austin, her brother was already walking towards us and now I've no idea what just happened. One second ago, she was thankful that I'm here, she wanted me to stop it now, she's saying her wedding would go on?!

"What?" I asked, feeling my whole world shattering once more.

"Harry, I have a promise to keep. And I — I promised that I'll marry —"

"What? We had a deal," I said. "I remember our deals, Taylor." I am fricking willing to fight for it whether she wanted me to or not.

"Harry, you should go," Austin said quietly.

"Look, I'm not backing down," I told him, very sternly, I was almost glaring at him.

He laughed, "I meant at the altar, you should go. The priest is here."