Fifty-Three

When the lights went on, it took the whole place only a few minutes for the staff and everyone to catch up. I looked back at our table and saw Niall and Kendall, I felt relief as they weren't caught.

"Tay?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"I gotta go back to our table," I trailed, "But don't worry, I'll take you back to your parents."

"Okay." She agreed and then we started walking to her table with my arm around her waist.

"Rest up," I said.

"What?" She looked at me with those confused eyes whereas I merely smirked.

I shrugged a bit, "Rest up." I repeated. "Because I'll be with you on the dance floor as every good song plays."

Taylor laughed until I finally, we got to their table. She took a seat with her whole family looking at me.

I smiled, "I hope you won't mind if I take her to dance sometime later."

"You and I have a lot of talking to do, young man." His father said and I nodded, still smiling.

"Yes, sir, I'm very looking forward to it." I replied politely. "Ma'am, Sir, Austin. . ." I looked at her first, "Taylor."

And then I walked back to the table.

As I approach my friends, they started applauding and giggling as though I was some sort of hero.

"Here he comes." Niall grinned as I sat down.

"You better, better take care of my bff because damn dude, it's total gang power with you but if you hurt her, it's gang power against you." Kendall warned and took a sip out of her punch.

I raised an eyebrow, "Oh. Okay?"

Jhanelle elbowed Kendall.

"Hey, what was that for?!" Kenny exclaimed.

"Look, you're giving a warning to Harry. I'd think you'd trust him enough from the past months." Jhanelle said and I gave a shy smile as a thanks.

"Yeah, okay, because like, I can't--"

"Anyways," Berlyn piped up. "Harry, any other song you'd like?"

I shrugged, "Erm I don't know. You guys can decide."

"Oh, you wouldn't like what I'll suggest." Marshal said, as far as I know, he's the one in the gang who loved new songs but I decided to give it a shot.

"No, no, I'm listening." I said.

"You know that song by Ed Sheeran?" He asked.

"Wh-Which one, Lego House? Er? Photograph? The one with the long title, er Thinking Out--"

"Thinking Out Loud." He said. "Practically memorised that, I can even play it in the guitar. Plus, Berlyn once had a performance with that song onstage, remember Jhun?" He looked at Berlyn at the last part.

And then Niall whispered that Jhun and Berlyn once performed that song as a duet.

I smiled, "I actually like that song. But I can't make you guys perform--"

Aerielle scoffed, "Oh, don't worry. We just can't let our voices go to waste. One worthwhile thing at a time."

"Alright, thanks."

"Hey, it's mostly for Taylor too so. . ." Kendall said.

"Yeah, I get it." I replied with a smile. Just a few moments later, I whispered something to Marshal and Berlyn, a song after Thinking Out Loud. . . on my signal.