Fifty-Six

It took me hours and hours of explaining the things I did from being back and forth here and England, and hacking into the CCTV's –apparently, they found out about that because they really messed with my old laptop.

"Why did we find a hacking software in your old laptop?" Mr. Troy asked for the nth time. He was sitting right in front of me, across the gray desk while I had my chained hands together on it.

I groaned, "Sir, as I've said, I hack into the CCTV's because I don't want to get caught in my pranks." Jeez, pick up a book!

"Pranks or crimes?" He asked.

"Pranks," I answered for the millionth time, looking directly into his strict dark eyes. "Look, sir, as I've said, I can explain everything."

"And it said you were in an underground organisation."

"Called the Midnight League," I said, "If you've actually researched, it was a youth organisation. Earlier was a game and not some random transaction."

"Kid, we know what we're doing. You've been surveillanced," he said and I did not know that part.

"We also found every student in Hansson's database in your old laptop."

"It was sort of a research so I would know which students are harmful and which students are friendly," I said.

"Kid, there were sketches of the Pentagon in your old computer. Yes, we have seen through your files. . . we can do that."

I rolled my eyes, "Those were just screenshots and imitated from the Pentagon sketch in X-Men Days of The Future Past, the one wherein Quicksilver broke Eric Lensherr or Magneto from it. Oh goodness!" Even I can hear too much exasperation on my tone.

"You have maps of your school of your computer as well."

"I studied it so I wouldn't get lost. I tend to be lost in places. Okay?"

"You always go out at night. Ain't that suspicious?"

"I always go out at night these days because I can't sleep. At least not until the past week. I like walking around town," I explained, if only I could face palm every second, I would have done it by now. "I can label out the pranks I've done."

"Amuse me."

"The hallway rains, the biology frogs, the setting off of alarm systems, the blood rain and plagues at the swimming gym the latest awful one was the firecracker thing. I needed to hack into the security so I won't get caught," I explained again and again and again.

"How can a nineteen year-old do that all?" He asked. "Who taught you to hack?"

"A friend," I answered.

He sighed and took a photograph of me heading towards the dirt track. "Transactions?"

"More like dirt tracks," I answered with a smile, finally gathering up every confidence of mine as I know I'm innocent and everything is bollocksed. "We race there. Jeez, not to insult you, sir, but you could have done a better job."

"What about your trip to England and your calls every night?"

"Because I live in England," I said, "I'm a foreign exchange student, you of all people would know that. And the one I always call is my mum."

Agent Troy squinted his eyes at me, "Kid, what training did you receive?"

"What?!" I almost yelled.

"This league, you say, it ain't some known youth organisation. All of you weren't playing, that was a training and I've never seen an untrained nineteen year-old move the way you do."