Thirty-Four

"I still cannot believe you were able to get me out here." Taylor said as we were walking towards the forest, the site wherein where the games should be held.

"I cannot believe I kissed you twice too, but hey, it happened anyways." I retorted, almost in a nonchalant way. I didn't even care of Jhanelle was there listening.

"Twice?" Niall asked. "Twice?"

"Twice, as in two times. Twice, it comes after once. Like, in two occasions, or doubled in amount or degree." I answered before Taylor could say a thing.

"That is supposed to be private." Taylor muttered and then sighed, "People nowadays."

"Oh I'm sorry, darling, I haven't been informed of your preferences about this particular thing. I shall keep in mind to keep you pleased." I said like a gentleman which led Niall and Jhanelle to snigger.

"I believe you've found your match, Swift." Jhanelle said as we kept walking.

"Harold, you definitely don't want me to mention anything. . . at all." Taylor said sternly but it's as though we're playing a little game. I know we're playing.

"Erm, try me." I mumbled, running a hand through my hair.

"For all I know you always come in second after me." She said plainly, I've got no idea what she's planning to do, heading into the forest with us but it I did not want to mention anything about that.

"Yeah, I always come in under you so. . ."

Once again, Jhanelle and Niall sniggered, even high-fiving.

I saw Taylor glaring at me so I said, "Right, I'm sorry for the joke. Never will repeat it, I promise."

Although, I probably didn't remember that moment that I never keep my promises.

"You don't keep promises." Taylor replied, frowning but not exactly in the worst mood.

"How'd you know that?" I asked, I don't exactly recall telling her that. She did not answer but I knew the answer the second after I asked it, Niall.

Not a minute later, someone's phone rang and it was Taylor's. She answered the call and we all froze in our tracks.

"Oh, hey!" My ears rung up instantly as I've never heard Taylor use that tone. She sounds so excited. "I missed you! What's going on?"

Eavesdropping, I walked around the area while Taylor kept talking. "Come on, Austin, you gotta tell me everything!" Still, she sounds so excited.

Who the fudge is Austin?!

I walked towards Jhanelle, frowning, "I thought Taylor said she's single."

"Yes, she did say that, so?" Jhanelle deadpanned.

"Then who is she talking to and why is she talking that excitedly?" I muttered.

"Austin is her brother, idiot." She replied, "Course she's going to talk excitedly, she's never seen her brother in months. Calm it, you don't have a love rival."

"Ha - ha, that was not what I meant." I lied.

We waited around until Taylor's call was finished and then we headed our way, none of us dare talking about what the hell just happened because admittedly, that was embarrassing.

"Are you sure this is the entrance?" Niall asked.

"Yeah," I answered, "Apparently, we're going to have to say some sort of a signal call."