Maybe, boys arent so bad

"Hey, so are their anymore spots left?" I asked my english teacher, Ms. Dyer

"Not unless you make a new team, but it seems as if everyone is already taken."  Ms. Dyer said looking at me sadly. 

"Oh, wait no there is one, but there are two boys on the team, and you can only have three players." Ms. Dyer said sadly again. 

Ms. Dyer knew how boys were to me in fifth grade.  The boys in my class would tease me because of my short hair, my accent, and my clothes.  Ever since then I was quiet around boys and just naturally assumed, they were all bad, except for some.

"Um, well who are the boys?"  I asked giving her a forced smile. 

"Noah and Finn." Ms. Dyer said smiling. 

"Really?"  I asked smiling. 

"You know them?" Ms. Dyer asked smiling. 

"Well, kinda" I said. 

They seem nice in my classes I have with them.  Of course I don't trust them, I mean I don't even know them too well.  I thought Finn was cute though, and one time he picked up my pencil case that fell off my desk when he walked by, I know it seems weird that I'm gushing over him just because he picked it up.  Just no one has ever done that for me.  Noah seems nice, he ran after someone who dropped a dollar on the floor.  They're both popular, but they're nice, I guess that's what I liked about them. 

"You should go ask them, Millie." Ms. Dyer said looking up from her paper. 

"Okay." I said getting up and walking over to her door. 

"Thanks." I said walking out and shutting the door. 

"Finn, are you doing the basketball thing?" I heard a girl named Sadie ask on the other side of my locker. 

"Oh, um, not sure." He said.  I'm guessing he walked away after that. 

Oh, no what do I do?  He's definitely gonna say no to me.

"Um, are you doing the basketball competition thing?" I heard a voice behind me say, in math. 

"Yeah, well I'm not sure.  I don't have a team." I said smiling shyly. 

"Oh cool, do you want to be on me and my friend Noah's team?" He asked nervously. 

"Okay." I said smiling. 

"Cool." He said sitting back down at his seat. 

"Oh, um- I heard from the back of me, so of course I turned around. 

"Hi, this is Noah." Finn said gesturing to Noah, who was smiling at me. 

I smiled back and Finn asked if we wanted to practice at his house. 

We got to his house and practiced.  It was actually pretty fun, and I felt comfortable around them.  I could almost, trust them. 

"Okay guys, we are totally ready!" Finn said nervously, making me laugh, which made him smile, which made Noah, give us a smug look. 

"Okay, we need to go." I said grabbing Finns hand, and leading him to the court.

The games went by pretty fast, the other teams were surprisingly not as good as I thought they would be.

As they announced us as the winners I grabbed Finns hand which made him stiffen up a bit. He let go of my hand about 2 seconds later, and it felt really awkward. I heard laughing from afar and girls saying mean things about me, the worst was a girl that said "I hope she doesn't think Finn likes her, because he obviously doesn't." I tried my best to shrug it off , but I couldn't. I couldn't do it. All I could think of was fifth grade all over again. I ran to the bathroom as quick as I could and shut the bathroom stall.  Nothing could make me feel better, absolutely noth-

"Millie, are you alright, I'm sorry." I heard a voice from the outside of the bathroom door say, Finn. 

I stand corrected. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said trying my best to sound as if I wasn't crying. 

"I'm coming in, I don't care if this is the girls bathroom." He said swinging the door open. 

"Millie, I'm sorry I didn't hold your hand, I was just scared." Finn said. 

"Scared, why?" I asked. 

Finn inhaled really dramatically "um, because I, have a crush on you." Finn said, then seemed to wait for a response. 

I opened the stall and Finns face lit up when he saw me.  He hugged me and apologized about a thousand times. 

"Um, you can just forget what I said earlier." Finn said wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Um, I don't know." Finn said scratching his head. 
(All I can picture is Finn scratching his head as if he has lice, don't picture that.  That's not what he is doing, just a casual head scratch.  If that's a thing.  Sorry continue.)

"Finn, I like you too." I said looking up at him. 

"You do?" He said sounding relieved. 

"Um, you want to go outside?" I asked Finn as he was looking at me. 

"Oh, yeah." He said snapping out of his thoughts. 

"Oh, Finn wait." I said making him turn around. 

Once he turned around I quickly brought my lips to his, standing on my tippy toes. 

About 10 seconds later ( I almost put 10 minutes.) I pulled away and grabbed Finns hand.  Finn was clearly flustered. 

When we walked out me and Finn went to go find Noah.  When we found him he was sitting on a bench on his phone, waiting for us.

"What'd you two do, make out in there?"   Noah asked me and Finn. 

"We didn't take that long." Finn said rolling his eyes at Noah. 

"That's not what I meant- you know what, never mind." Noah said smiling. 

Me and Finn walked past the group of girls, that were talking about me earlier.  Finn pulled my to the opposite side of him, letting me use him as a barrier between me and them.  As we walked past them I noticed their jaws drop, they also looked mad.  I didn't think much of it, I didn't even care. 

Me, Finn, and Noah decided to take a photo together, when Finn noticed that pink lip gloss was all over his face and his hair was all messed up. 

Noah laughed and then pushed the camera to me, my lip gloss was all messed up on my face.  We all laughed and Finn pulled me to him and kissed me again. 

Maybe boys aren't so bad.

WELL THIS WAS A MESS.  It's not my fault the only time I have to write these is at 11:00.  That may or may not be completely wrong but oh whale.  Peace.