soulmates

they're second graders in this one:)

"Okay guys it's 11:30, you know what that means." Ms.Dyer clasped her hands together cheerfully, as the students got up quickly, out of reflex.

"lunch. finally."

Finn stood up slowly, watching all of the clumps of his peers quickly disappear out the door.

He wished he could relate, and be one of those kids who ran to their friend when it was time to eat lunch, or pick partners for projects (although he hated to admit it.)

Everyone was afraid of him, and at first it wasn't his fault he looked visually intimidating. Genetics I guess. It can be a good or bad thing.

Finn walked towards the hooks that held up their backpacks and opened up his grey bag. He looked inside, this doesn't look right.

He was interrupted by a small, light tap on his shoulder, and quickly turned around.

"excuse me, I think you mix-uped our backpacks." She stated with a small crooked smile. Finn could see that she recently lost a tooth, and was she brutushh?

He looked back to the bag, and then to the purple name tag above it reading 'millie', and then back to her. "Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized as the obviously shorter girl giggled. Did she just giggle at me. Finn thought, amazed.

"It's okay."

He nodded, "thanks."

"I'm millie." She smiled, hands noticeably gripping both sides of her pink dress.

"Finn." He grinned back, happily.

Her eyes went wide, and she jumped up a bit. "You're missing a tooth too!"

Finn nodded, deciding to jump along with her. "Mhm."

"Cool!" Millie stated. "And we have the same backpack! We're like..soulmates!"

"What's that?" Finn questioned, never-had heard that word before.

"Im not sure actually," millie furrowed her eyebrows looking confusedly at the ground for a few seconds, "but mate means like..your friend, and soul is like a person, and we're persons, so we're soulmates!"

"Yeah, we're soulmates!" Finn nodded.

Millie ran over to her grey backpack, and then came back with a bag of random candy. "Does America really like these or something, there was a lot at the filling station."

"Filling station?" Finn questioned. 

"Yeah, like you put your gas inside the car with a hose-

"Oh, yeah. I know that!" Finn smiled, "but I think you call that a gas station."

"Oh." Millie replied.

"But anyways, answer my question!" She instructed, shaking him from his shoulders.

"Okay, Okay..What was your question again?" Finn asked, confused.

"Oh, um I'm not sure. I don't remember."

Finn thought for a bit. "Oh, it was about the candy at the gas station!"

Millies eyes widened, "oh yeah!"

"I wouldn't know, I'm not from here." Finn shrugged as Millie jumped up like usual.

"You're not from here either?!"

"No, I'm from Canada."

"See, soulmates!" Millie said cheerfully, jumping up and down. She pushed the bag into his hands, "want some?"

"Sure." Finn replied, placing the candy into his mouth.

"You want to go to down now, I'm getting kind of hungry." Millie asked, placing one into her mouth as well.

"Yeah, me too."

"Okay. Let's go soulmate." Millie grinned, gesturing for finn to follow her.

"Okay, soulmate."

I miss being a little kid and being able to make friends in a snap.

This chapter seems rushed because, I tried to make it seem like stuff my little cousin would do, or something my younger self would do, and I remember making friends like this really fast in second grade.

So yeah, sorry if it's not the us(ual).

I'm trying to get back into writing, I lost a lot of inspiration but ig I'm back now. Woop woop.

Also ya girl has school tomorrow bc today's a holiday so wish me luck bros. *screams in British*

oh, hey you made it this far. This is a lil self-promo for my book 'all the stars' that may be published soon, so keep an eye out for that if you like fillie, and surprises.

Okay thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.