future

Finn was sitting in guidance class, fidgeting with a block of sticky notes. He had no idea what he was planning to do once school was over with.

"Hey," Finn was snapped out of his thoughts by a small hand placed on his shoulder, "you okay."

"Yeah, just..thinking." Finn smiled, turning to face Millie.

"Don't let this get you all stressed out, we still have a few months." She said, moving her hand to his cheek.

"I know, I just can't help it, you know?" He said, "this isn't high school musical."

"Finn, I understand."

-

"What's your guys' future?" Ms.Ryder questioned, pointing towards Caleb to start.

"I'm going to UCLA." he shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal, it was to Finn, and he wasn't even the one going.

-

"great, now I'm gonna have to explain to the class how I have no idea what I'm gonna do."

"Finn-Finnie, just tell her you don't know yet. It's okay there are plenty of people who haven't decided yet, and that's fine."
Millie explained to him, but he shook his head.

"Nicks answer was 'I don't know',mills, and look where that got him." He said running his hand through his hair.

"It's just, I don't want to be a screw up. I want to go to college, I want to have a job, I don't want to end up in some-hole with no way out."

Millie nodded, "you could never be a screw up Finn. You work too hard to be one, there's more to becoming one then not knowing what your gonna do right now."

"I don't know which college I'm going to Finn, does that make me a screw up?"

"Of course not, Mills-never." He said, grabbing her hand.

"But at least you know what you want to be, you're gonna be a lawyer, the best one."

"Finn I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to say this, but I'm gonna say it as many times as I need to until you get that you never were a screw up and you never will be." Millie said, squeezing his hand.

He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off.

"Finn, what about you?" Ms.Ryder asked, forcing Finn to turn towards her.

Finn looked over at Millie, she smiled and nodded.

"Her." Finn said, "she's my future."

-

It's so hot today, I don't know how much longer I can take it.

Qotd: What's your favorite ship?
(not like the boat 😂)