spin the bottle

Millie sat crisscrossed in more of a jelly bean shape than a circle. She was surrounded by drunk high schoolers, most of who she has known since elementary.

"Millie, you're so silly." Sadie slurred, letting her head fall onto the confused girls lap. "Sadie, you're so drunk." she imitated in the same tone the read head had just used.

"That didn't rhyme, mills. See, silly." She laughed, Millie scooted away, letting her head hit the carpet. Sadie busted into tears, sobbing into the thick wool.

"Sads, sh, sh, sh. What do you want me to do to get you to stop crying?" Millie asked pleadingly, Sadie stopped crying immediately, picking her head up off the ground. "Spin."

Millie rolled her eyes, hesitantly getting up in the middle of the circle to spin an almost empty bottle filled with something she wasn't even sure of.

She looked over to her friend who was clapping cheerfully, and then to the blob of people around her.

She spun and watched it twirl around for what seemed like forever until it stopped and landed on a boy with brown hair, brown eyes, and a smirk on his face.

Millie gagged in disgust but still leaned in, closing her eyes shut as she did so. Just as their lips were about to touch she felt a pair of hands pick her up from the back.

"You wish, asshole." he spat, Millie already knew it was Finn by the sound of his voice and the fact that he was the only one who would touch her. Everyone was scared of being beaten up by him if they did.

"mills," Finn pouted in a forced manner, making her laugh ",why'd you do that?"

"Do what, this?" She asked, leaning in to give him a peck but stopping about half and inch in front of him.

"I would've finished that but, you didn't let me." Millie pouted, walking back to the circle.

"Do you seriously want to kiss him?" Finn asked, disgust and hurt clear in his voice. "You know what, I'm not your boyfriend. And I need to stop acting like it because it's pretty clear that you don't like me the way that I like you, and I can't control what you do. And I just really want what's best for you even though there's no us and there never was an us. So if you want to go back to him then do it, I won't stop you this tim-

Millie cut him off by pulling him from his shirt and smashing his lips into hers. She pulled away redder than the lipstick she wore, and let go of his shirt. "I like you too." She smiled.

"And chill, I'm just getting Sadie." She added, walking back into the room.

a/n: I'm so tired rn, I started this earlier because I had an idea and now it's twelve and I decided to finish it up and push 😂