Meet Cassandra

Cassandra Baptiste
Aged 17
A Haitian immigrant... she doesn't know anything or anyone but herself.
She has to fend for herself seen as she left her family and her whole life behind her after the incident...

Cassandras pov

You can call me Cassie for short. I only get called Cassandra when Im in trouble. Im currently in a school. I was taken here by a lady she said I had to be here. I dont want to , back in Haiti I was educated at home because I had to look after my mother. She... She passed away last month. Without her my dad went crazy and stopped going to work. He could only just about pay the bills but me and my sister would have to go out and steal just so we could eat. Sometimes we would go to the neighbors. The neighbors. They were like my own family. Until one day they reported my dad. They claim it was to help us but no it wasn't. I'd rather be starving in struggle than to be without my father. We suffered but we suffered as a family. The neighbors ruined that. When the police came they tried to take me and my sister away. My dad said he promised he'd find us. He told me and her to run. Don't stop just run. Until we were far away. So I did so... Things were bound to get worse before they would get better. Running for my life with police chasing after me. My sister told me that it would be best if we separated and that they wouldn't find us. At the port. We gave our good byes and we snuck onto some delivery boats. She went to the UK and Im here... In the USA.

But anyways... I was registered and stuff. I was waiting for the office lady to print off my timetable then the door swung open.

"No! What the hell! I'll fight her and her mom to! THE FUCK YOU MEAN!"

This girl was shouting and going all types of crazy.

"Kaidence St. Joseph! STOP SHOUTING! AND CALM DOWN!"

"Im calm. Im calm." She sighed at sat down until this fairskinned girl came in.

"What! You want round 2" Kaidence shot up and tried to swing for the girl but she was held back.

I just watched... I was disturbed by the rude office lady banging on the window.

office lady- I dont have all day now just take your time table and go to class.

I looked at her... Im abit slow because Im not used to these accents .

Office Lady- Honey!!! Take your damn timetable and get out.

She waved the paper in my face and I snatched it out her hand. As I was walking out. She muttered something... I was raised in the way of "If you got a problem address it"

Me- Speaker up office lady I cant hear you?

Office Lady- I didnt say anything just get ou...

at this point Kaidence was calm and was sat down.

Kaidence- Hmm I heard it to something like "Deaf ratchet" ooo you could get in big trouble

The office lady hesitated and the principal came out..

Office Lady- Sir! That new student Cassandra Baptiste was just very disrespectful to me!

me- What no I wasnt!

He sighed and sat me down next to Kaidence I rolled my eyes and Kaidence laughed