Chapter 2 | Hearing him

It was midnight, you had no cases. You were sitting in your room at the orphanage, you still hadn't left. You found a musical talent over your life at the orphanage, so you wrote songs in your spare time. Right now you were writing a song called Angels. Near was the one who gave you the idea for the title, you and Near were almost like mother and son, brother and sister, whatever it was you were family. He gave you the idea when you mentioned the wings you saw. You only ever told L and Near, the only two you trusted. Your non-biological brother and your angel, L.

"You took my heart... um, desived me right form the start... yeah that works" you said as you wrote down the missing lyric in your song.

You typed away on your computer and added finishing touches. It was time for the first recording to see how you could change the song.

You bought your mic up to your mouth and presses record.

"Sparking angel, I believe..." you began.

Just as you began, a beep went off on your computer.

"You were my saviour in my time of nee-" you faced your computer and  turned off the music when you saw the white screen and cursive letter on your screen.

"Hello (f/i)" a computer filtered voice said.

The letter on your screen stated at you. It was the letter L.

"Hello?" You said in shock.

"How have you been?" He said.

'Just been writing songs about you' you thought.

"Ok I guess..." you said.

"I need your help, this case isn't right for one detective, I need you"

"Me? Why me?"

"You are one of my top successors, (f/i)" he said.

You felt hot tears start to fall down your face.

"Y-yeah sure" you said.

"I need you to come to Japan for this case, I'll send roger the plane tickets to give to you" he said.

"What's the case about?"

"Have you heard of Kira over there?"

"KIRA?! You mean that heart attack psychopath?"

"That's him, can you work with that?"

"Yes! Thank you so much L" you said.

"It's no problem, I'll book a room for us at a hotel.

"Thank you so much, Thank you, Thank you!" You said as tears fell down your cheeks.

"It's really no problem, I look forward to seeing you, that's all for now. I'll let you continue singing"

And with that the connection cut.

You sat there, staring at the screen, tears falling down your face and an uncontrollable smile plastered on.

You were going too see your angel again.