Chapter 47 | theres still somthing to do

"Case closed then" you said, sitting in the now empty and cleaned up HQ.

"Yeah, case closed... I guess we go back to the orphanage" L said.

"It will be great to see the boys again..."

"Yeah, it will..."

You turned to L and saw he looked very upset, you felt the same way honestly. Rem had killed the man who took you in and taken care of you. You looked up to see tears falling down L's cheeks, making tears fall down yours too.

"HE DID NOTHING WRONG! SO WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE!" L sobbed.

"Honey, it couldn't be helped. It was lights fault... I'm going to miss him too..." you replied.

You pulled L into your arms and he wrapped his around you I return. You sobbed onto each others shoulders.

Watari was the only family figure you had both had for a long time. Seeing him go was just as heartbreaking as watching your real family die.

"He's in a better place... ok?" You said, looking into L's teary eyes.

"I know... I just can't bear the fact he's gone..."

You wiped his tears away with your sleeve.

"I know... but things will go uphill from here. We can go back to England and see the boys, we can take a break from cases for a while, Kira is gone and Misa is in prison for a while. The world can only get better than what it is now" you said.

"And..."

L gave you a smile and wiped his tears away.

"We both came out of this alive, well... sort of alive. Now we can fulfil the pact and get married as soon as we turn 18..." he said.

You smiled back at him and wiped away your tears.

"Exactly! We can wait for another two years, it will give us time to plan everything. And for you to find the perfect ring you promised" you replied.

"We can be our own family..."

"Well..."

"What?"

"I'm a grim reaper now, if we wanted to REALLY start a family I couldn't... grim reapers can't reproduce... we'd have to adopt if we wanted kids..." you said.

"That's fine, I'd defend want to save a child from having to go through what we did, adoption sounds good" L smiled.

He took that well...

"Maybe after we marry though. Were still a little young" you giggled.

"Well duh"

There was a silence for a while, But you kept smiling.

"I'm glad you're ok" you said.

"I'm glad you're back" he replied.

And with those words, your lips touched and you were pulled into a heartwarming kiss. You broke the kiss and put your foreheads together.

"I love so much (y/n)"

"I love you too Lawiet"