Chapter 41 | working

You wandered around the streets, with a page of the Death Note in your hand.

You had to get Lawliet spelt four times incorrectly by someone why wasn't you. And you knew what to do as well. Ask people to try and spell it but pronounce it incorrectly. So there you sat, still getting used to these new glasses. You were on a park bench and you looked around for un-suspecting people. You found a boy sitting at a park bench reading a book. You got up and walked over to him.

"Sorry to intrude, but I was wondering if you knew how to spell lawleet I need it for a paper"

The boy grabbed the paper in your hand and a pen.

"I think it's L-a-w-l-i-e-e-t" he said, jotting it down.

"Ok, thank you!" You said, taking the paper with the incorrectly spent name.

You walked off and smiled. That's one down, three to go.

You managed to get two more incorrect spellings.

Lawlyet
Lawiet

So you had one more and he was immune to the death note.

But you were running out of ways to mis-pronounce his name... you sat at a table in a cafe, it must be odd to be waking by and see a girl in a cloak walking around. You had your death sythe attached to a belt under your cloak in case you needed it and the un-naturally bright green eyes were also quite odd to have.

You scribbled on the back of a docket and thought about how L must be feeling... you hoped he was ok.

MEANWHILE

L felt horrible as he sat in front of the grave of his dead lover.

Here lies (y/n) (l/n)
Age 16
"I love you..."

Those words made him feel horrible knowing you were dead for good, yes you were going to come back. But as a grim reaper, not that it stopped L from loving you.

"Come on L"

He turned to see his adoptive father Watari standing behind him. L stood up and hung his head low.

"She'll be back, its only a matter of time"

BACK WITH YOU

You watched as a girl incorrectly spelt Lawiet. How did you do it? Well, some people pronounce it Lowlight. So that's how you pronounced it to the girl. No matter the way it's pronounced, it's still spelt Lawiet.

"I think that's it" the girl said.

Perfect, another incorrect name.

"Thank you!"

You took the paper and looked sat the four incorrect names.

Lowlight
Lawlyet
Lawiet
Lawlieet

Seriously is it that hard to spell lawliet? Well, you did mis-pronounce it every time. You'll give them that.

But you felt a smile across your face. That's it, L is now immune to the Death Note. No matter who tries to kill him, he won't die by his name on the pages.

You sat on a park bench and ripped a piece of paper from the death note.

I'm back.
Senbonsakura park
12:00

You had to leave this where L could find it, but no one else.

You hoped he would like the new you...