Chapter 14 | re-descovering

A/n: this chapter is kind of random, I wrote it in a rush. I also made myself cry while writing this because I was listening to a sad song and writing at the same time. Lol.

It was another boring and lazy day, all the task force were attending to to their families, leaving you and L alone together. As L slept, yes slept, you may or may not have forced him to go to sleep, You went through some of your old music, most of it being about L and how much you missed him. Once L left the orphanage, it really took a toll on you. For three whole years you were pushing everyone away, spilling your emotions out through song. Most of the song were quite tame, just saying you missed him. But there was one song that you wrote right after he left, you can still remember being in tears as you wrote it.

Flashback.

You sobbed as you wrote your heart out onto a piece of paper, with the title 'Talk Me Down'. Once you finished writing, you turned on your microphone and poured your heart out, despite being in tears. The memory of L's arms around you replaying in your head, wishing it would stay with you forever.

Flashback end.

You hesitantly clicked on the MP3 file and you instantly heard your guitar and the sound of your shaky breath.

"I wanna sleep next to you, and that's all I wanna do right now..."

You softly sung along to the lyrics, all the memories of that day coming back.

"So come over now, and talk me down..."

You continued to sing along, not noticing that L had woken up and was standing at the doorframe behind you, watching and listening as you sung along to the old song. He instantly felt so bad, telling himself he was an idiot for leaving you.

When the last line of the song came up, you stopped singing to listen to your voice on the recording break and start to sob heavily.

"I really miss you..."

The recording ended. You didn't remember crying like that at the end... you started at the screen for a moment.

"I don't remember... crying like that..." you mumbled to yourself.

"Y-you wrote that about me didn't you..."

You jumped and turned to see L standing behind you with his messy bed-hair, his eyes staring to tear up. You instantly went into panic mode, thinking he'd hate you.

"I'm sorry! Don't be mad! Don't hate me..." you exclaimed.

"I'm not mad at you... I'm mad at myself..." he said, bringing a hand up to his face and covering his eyes, trying not to cry.

You jumped over the couch and ran over to him, wrapping your arms around him tightly.

"You did nothing wrong, it was just me missing you" you said.

"How many songs are about me?"

"...all of them"

Situations like these are what breaks L's shell the most. Behind his emotionless mask, he's really a big softie and really emotional.

"I'm sorry" you added.

"I'm sorry..." he said.

"You did nothing! It's my fault for being an emotional bastard. I just loved you and wanted to let out my feelings"

"I left you..."

You couldn't exactly argue with the truth.

"Let me listen to all the songs (y/n). I'll make up for all of them, give you something happier to write about" he said.

"Only if you stop blaming yourself and remember each and every day that I love you" you said.

He nodded and planted a kiss against your cheek.

"Alright, but you have to remember that wherever I am, I love you (y/n). And nothing can ever change that"