Chapter 20 | entrance ceramony

You were tense all day, today L was going to the entrance ceremony to reveal to Light that's he's L. While he was out you couldn't do anything but worry for him, you sat in his room doing the folding all the clothes in the house so you could move hotels tomorrow.

You did find it quite funny how L owned nothing but white shirts and blue jeans though. You had both of your bags open as you sorted through clothes and packed all the computers up. You neatly folded one of you jumpers and put it into your suitcase.

"Geez how long with HQ take to build, moving hotels every couple of days is tiring" you mumbled to yourself as you folded one of L's shirts.

"You don't have to pack my stuff you know"

You looked up to see L was back. You jumped up and wrapped your arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze.

"Thank god you're alright..."

You felt his arms snake around you and give you a gentle squeeze.

"I was careful, don't worry" L said.

"Tell me all about it" you said.

MEANWHILE WITH MISA

"So you're saying that Ryuga is L?" Misa said through the phone.

"Yes, and you have the eyes, I need you to find out his name" Light replied.

"Uhh... I'll call you back" Misa said before hanging up.

"What's the matter?" Rem asked the blonde.

"Ryuga is L... that means, no I can't!"

"What?"

"If I kill him... Ayano will hate me! She'll be deviated! She loves him so much I can't do that to my best friend, I can't. I'm not losing the only friend I have in Japan, I can't!" Misa exclaimed.

"Calm down Misa, so basically what's wrong is: the man Light wants you to kill is your best friends boyfriend?" The shinigami asked.

"Yeah..."

There was a moment of silence as they both thought of a possible solution.

"You have three options. One, kill him and win light. Two, don't kill him and save Ayano. And three... you could tell Ayano that you're Kira 2 and try to comprise a way to save L... but that could end extremely badly for everyone..." Rem said.

"...I'll think it over"

BACK WITH YOU AND L.

"(Y/n), please don't take this the wrong way but I'm now about 67% sure Misa is the second Kira... if push comes to shove I might have to restrain her until she speaks..." L said.

You folded another shirt and put it into your suitcase.

"I understand, but although she is a friend, I do have my suspicions... that reminds me... at the gig last night, neither Misa nor Light had wings" you said.

"They can't be good people then"

"Light I'm extremely suspicious of, but Misa... I think she's really blinded by love, if she is the second Kira, it's because she's infatuated with Light and he's using her, if that's the case... she deserves so much better" you said.

"Agreed, Misa is definitely not as bright as Light is. If Light is Kira he must be doing all the work, Misa must have something he doesn't which is why he's using her" L said.

You pushed your bag closed and zipped it up.

"That's what I'm thinking"

"Also, you want to know a little secret I found out about the Yagami name"

You nodded, and looked up at L.

"Spell it backwards"

"I-M-A-G-A-Y... OHHHH I'm a gay... haha"

You and L laughed about it for a while as you finished packing up your stuff.

"Can I call him that if we ever get him in for observation?" You giggled.

"Go ahead"

"Yes! Haha!"

L smiled at you, making you look at him in confusion.

"What?"

"You have the cutest laugh..." he said.

"Oh shut up you..." you replied, feeling your cheeks heat up.

"And you have the cutest embarrassed state"

"Stop it..." you giggled.

You stood up and pulled you bag with you, L doing the same.

"Well, better hope this new hotel isn't as bad as the last one" you said.

"Don't worry I got the top floor, penthouse suite." L said.

"Ooo fancy"

"It has a hot tub too, I couldn't not get it"

"Ah! That's going to be so nice"

"And luxury king sized beds... oh and I hope you don't mind, it was cheaper to get a two bedroom suite, and I have to put some money away for HQ... so you'll have to sleep with me..." L said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"That's fine, I probably would have invaded your room anyway"

"Well should we get going so we can have a hot tub party?" L said.

"Hell yeah, lets go!"