Chapter 27 | moving in

Today was a big day, Light and Misa are being released and you were going to move into HQ. You had spent all day unpacking your stuff and stuffing it into your room. But, there was a catch.

Your room was originally going to be shared with L. But due to a twist of events. There was now an extra bed. A king size for you and L and a single next to it... for light...

Yes, light. Light was now handcuffed to L for a while because of the suspicion on Kira.

You put all your plush toys along the end of the bed and put up all your posters, you organised all your anime and set up your computer to your music stuff. You had finished a while ago, but you wanted to make your room perfect.

Of course, there was a jar of candy on the bedside table, you knew L would put it there anyway. You had also put three pictures of you and L on the bedside table. The selfie you took on your first date, the picture from your first gig and a picture from when you were both kids.

You flopped onto your bed and sighed.

"Why does Light have to bunk with us?" You complained.

As if on cue you heard the door open and saw both L and Light standing at the door.

"You've really decorated haven't you?" L said.

"Well duh, this is me you're talking too"

"It's very... anime" Light added.

"I like my anime, just as much as I love my cosplay, my singing and my L" you smirked.

L smiled at you, Light just scoffed and rolled his eyes... rude.

"Speaking of singing, I have a song to record, now bugger off! You can come back in later!"

You shoved them out of the room and went over to your computer. You smirked at the security cameras on the wall, knowing L was watching you.

"Alone she sleeps... in the shirt of man..."

L's POV (didn't see that coming did ya?)

I walked back up into the monitor room, dragging Light behind me with the handcuffs, I sat down on my office chair and rolled over to the monitors. I was watching Misa's floor when I noticed (y/n) look directly into the camera in her room. I looked over and turned the volume up slightly.

"Alone she sleeps... in the shirt of man..."

I froze, that song...

Flashback

"Lawlipop..."

I turned to see (y/n) at my door, holing a teddy bear in her arms.

"Its late (y/n)! If Mr. Whammy finds out you're up you're in big trouble!"

"But... I can't sleep... I'm too scared of the monsters under the bed..."

Although (y/n) was incredibly smart 5 year old, she did still believe in childish stuff, but I don't blame her.

"I promise they won't hurt you, there are no monsters"

"C-can I sleep with you?"

I felt my heart skip a beat. How could I say no?

"Alright"

She rushed over and climbed onto my bed, she instantly curled up under the blankets with her teddy.

"Do you know any lullabies?" She asked.

"I know one..." I replied.

"Can you sing it?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Alone she sleeps, in the shirt of man
With my three wishes clutched in her hands.

The first that she be spared the pain
That comes from a dark and laughing rain
When she finds love may it always stay true

This I beg for the second wish I made too
But wish no more
My life you can take
To have her please just one day wake
To have her please just one day wake..."

I didn't have a very good singing voice, being a 5 year old and all.

I looked down at the sleeping girl next to me and smiled, feeling the urge to hug her. Is this what is like to have a crush?

Flashback end.

I couldn't help but smile at the memory as she sung the song I used to sing to her when we were little. Come to think of it, I've had a crush in her since we were 5 and we're both 16 now. That's almost 6 years I've loved her.

"What are you so smiley about?"

I turned to see Misa had come downstairs to see Light and had noticed my smiling.

"Nothing..."

"Come on, what is it?" She said.

"Nothing, just a good memory that's all" I said gazing at (y/n) on the screen.

Misa noticed this and did one of her fangirls squeaks.

"Oh he's no in love it's so cute!" She squeaked.

I glared at her to shut up, and as I did, I saw light glare at me. If he tries to touch my Angel... I swear to everything holy, he won't live to see the light of day.