Chapter 25 | relaxing

You felt a little better, you weren't as sick as you were before that's for sure. It was Mother's Day, so everyone was out to celebrate with their mums. Misa was still keeping quiet and Light had recently been detained, Watari was watching them while L got some sleep. You were still recovering from being sick so you got the day off too. You didn't do much all morning, you talked to Matt, Mello and Near, edited a few songs and watched YouTube. You decided to go relax on the balcony, it had a hot tub after all, may as well put it to use.

You put some bathers on and turned on the bubbles. You slipped in and just sat and relaxed in the bubbles, looking out at the busy city, letting yourself get lost in thought.

"That was such a weird hallucination yesterday..." you mumbled to yourself.

No, don't think about it. You shook your head and looked back out at the city.

"Your wings seem awfully bright today"

You turned to see L had woken up and was looking down at you from beside the hot tub.

"Yours too" you replied.

"How's the water, is it worth getting in?"

"It's really warm, get in"

L left for a moment to get changed, you just looked back out at the busy city. You heard L get in behind you and he sat next to you and looked out at the city alongside you.

"I prefer the quieter areas..." he said.

"Me too"

"You can see HQ from here"

That's right, L was getting a taskforce headquarters made. The last case he worked on made him quite rich.

"Oh yeah, is that a helicopter?"

"Yeah, just in case"

You laughed and looked at him.

"Just in case? Thousands of dollars of just in case?"

"I'm set for life when it comes to money, being the worlds greatest detective does that to you, a helicopter is gonna help you watch" he said.

You just laughed and put a head against his shoulder.

"But of course I'm going to spend most of my money on spoiling my angel"

"You don't have to" you said.

"But I want to, I love to spoil you"

"You're such a sugar daddy sometimes"

"Oh god not that pun again" he laughed.

You laughed realising your unintentional pun. Once the laugher died down, you went back to looking out at the city. Both of you got lost in though, about who knows what. You looked over at L and smiled. You still couldn't really wrap your head around the fact you were with the man on your dreams. You never thought you'd be chilling in a hot tub with him.

"What?" L said, noticing your staring.

"You're so cute" you replied.

"Not as cute as you"

You felt your face heat up a little.

"No way, you're cuter"

"No you" you said.

"No you!"

"No you!"

You splashed him and he splashed you back, the splashed soon turned into a splash fight, the kind little kids would have. Laughter and the sound of splashing water filled the air as you constantly flicked water at him.

"Ok ok! I'll stop" you said, holing your hands out of the water.

L stopped splashing you too and smiled at you, that smile quickly turned to slight worry.

"You look cold" he said.

"Yeah, the wind is kind of cold" you replied.

"We can't afford for you to be any sicker, go have a warm shower and rug up"

L got out and pulled you out with him. He handed you a towel and shoved you into the bathroom to take a shower.

After you had washed all the chlorine off and forced L to take a shower too, you both decided to watch a movie to end the day perfectly. You picked (favourite movie) and the both of you snugged together on the bed to watch it. Not too long into the movie, your sickness made you fall asleep in L's arms. Making him slime down at you and gently rub your arm.

"Goodnight sweetheart..."