Chapter 17 | second kira

Panic. That's all you were feeling as you watched the news. Everyone just started at the TV as the words KIRA in black writing were displayed on screen and a filtered voice spoke. Kira had sent a tape to the news and was ready to fight. But the thing was... this didn't seem like the Kira everyone had been investing. But more like a copy, a second Kira.

You just started at the TV as everyone started to run around and L gave orders.

The tape ended and another news channel was going on about a truck driving through the front of the building where the tales were being aired. All you did was stare.

"Ayano!"

You felt L shake your shoulders but you didn't respond you just started in shock and panic, your face turning white. This case just got terrifying.

"Ayano! Snap out of it!" L said.

You wanted to scream and run and hide but you couldn't, you were a detective not a coward.

"Ayano! Listen to me"

You finally snapped out of it and you turned to L who had a worried look on his face.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Y-yeah... just, shocked and kind of terrified..." you said, shaking your head a but.

"You can go and lie down and clear your head if you want"

"N-no, I have to help this is my job..."

You pulled away from L's grip and grabbed your computer, beginning to type an entry for the current event when your phone rung. You picked it up without looking and answered it.

"Yes?"

"(Y/n)! Are you ok? We just saw that broadcast!"

Shit. It was the whammy's boys, no one can know they exist in case the case needs backup.

"Hold on"

You leaned over to L and whispered into his ear.

"It's Matt, Mello and Near. They want to know what's going on I'll be back"

L nodded and let you run off to your room.

"I'm fine, so is L everyone is just in panic at the moment" you said.

"Is anyone from the team hurt or anything?" Mello asked.

"We did just loose one member to Kira..." you said.

"Damn that's not good" Matt said.

"This doesn't look like Kira though" Near added.

"I know, I think it's a second, I bet L thinks the same" you said.

"Ok, we just wanted to make sure everything was ok, well let you get back  to the case" Mello said.

"Alright, I miss you. Stay safe" you said.

"Bye"

"Bye"

You hung up and went straight back to work on the entries and reports.

This will be a long couple of days.