Chapter 22 | confinement

You sighed as you started at the screen where Misa was tied up and placed in straight jackets. She's going to feel horrible when she wakes up...

You sat in L's lap as you both watched the screen, waiting for the usually perky blonde to wake up.

You hummed along to the song you had written yesterday and leaned your head against L's shoulder. When the taskforce arrive you and L will be in secret mode, unable to act like a couple for the sake of the case and safety of yourselves. Last week when Light came into the picture was the most hectic week ever.

He was shady, you didn't like him one bit. Especially because he's trying to get into your pants... ugh. You were just fine with L thank you very much.

"Taskforce will be here soon..." you sighed.

You felt L's arms wrap around you.

"I know... I'll miss being able to snuggle with you all night for the next month or so" he said.

"Well we should be able to sneak around when we have to"

"True, even if it is risky"

You turned your head to face him and smiled.

"I love you" you said.

"I love you too" he replied, placing a kiss on your nose.

You smiled and rested you head into the crook of his neck.

"I don't want to move... you're so warm" you said.

"I am? Wait, are you cold?"

"I little"

L turned you to face him and put a hand against your forehead.

"Hmm... are you feeling ok? You're a little warm"

"I feel a little drowsy and my throat is a little sore, maybe I'm just getting sick"

"Aw honey"

He pulled you back into his arms and held you close to his body.

"If you start to feel any worse, tell me alright?" He said.

"Ok" you replied.

As soon as those words left your mouth, you heard the door open and the taskforce walk in. Crap, you and L are still all over each other.

"Woah, I ship" Matsuda said.

"She's just not feeling very well, don't jump to conclusions" L said.

You smiled, he's always such a quick thinker.

"Oh, Ayano are you alright?" Matsuda asked.

You pulled back from L's arms and sat up.

"My throats a little sore other than that I'm fine" you said.

"Oh, I keep cough lollies with me when it starts to get colder, want some?"

"Yes please, you're a lifesaver thank you"

Matsuda handed you a few and you shoved them in your pockets, as well as popping one into your mouth.

L looked over at you and smiled, lowering his voice as the taskforce got busy.

"Feeling better?"

You nodded.

"I'll get Watari to get some medicine for you alright? I don't want you getting any sicker" he said.

You smiled at him and gave his hand a squeeze.

"Thanks L... I love you"