Chapter 9

Louis, opening his eyes, realized that it was now quiet dark out. After trying to stretch he noticed that his arm was asleep due to a quite adorable Harry Styles sleeping on his arm.
   He reached down into his boyfriends pocket to retrieve his cell phone. 3:28 AM. Friends was still running on the screen. Louis reached for the remote causing Harry to shuffle in his sleep.
    After turning off the television, Louis just kind of sat, in the dark, the only light in the room coming from the city outside. But it was enough. The small twinkling of light was just enough to light up Harry's face for Louis to see.   
     He looked at his long eyelashes laying like feathers on his cheeks. He observed his long hair, knotted because Harry moved a lot in his sleep. His lips were plump and full. Louis watched as Harry's jaw tightened, along with other muscles in his body. He was dreaming.
   Louis loved to just sit and watch Harry. It was a pleasure he was denied while on tour. He loved being able to sit and admire the beautiful person that was Harry Styles. Harry was his. And he was Harry's.
    He wanted to reach out and touch the sleeping boy, kiss him even, but he wouldn't dare take the chance of ending a precious moment such as this that he got so very little.  
     Louis' eyes began to feel heavy. He was tired, of course, it was the middle of the night. But he didn't want to sleep. He didn't want to waste a second looking at the peice of art he held in his arms.
   He was so lost in thought that he barley noticed when Harry started to squirm again, opening his eyes.
    "What are you thinking about?" Harry whispered. The sudden sound in such a silent night startled Louis slightly.
    "You're beautiful."

~

   Louis woke up to the sun blinding him. He immediately regretted staying on the couch and not closing the blinds. Picking up Harry's phone again, Louis saw that it was just past 8. Their flight at 10:30.
   He stood and stretched, and followed sounds of small grunts coming from his bedroom and braced himself for what ever was beyond that door.
    Just inside, next to the bed, was a very frustrated Harry trying to zips up his suitcase. "Maybe if you left some of those Gucci jakets," Louis teased before he saw Harry's red rimmed eyes. He was crying.
    "Love! What's wrong?" he asked, genuinely worried. Harry ignored him, continuing to struggle with the zipper.
   "Baby, stop, you're going to break it," Louis warned before gently removing the younger boys hands and zipping the case the rest of the way.
   "Now," Louis sat on the bed, rubbing the spot next to him for Harry to join. Once he did the older lad wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, bringing him onto his lap.
   "Tell me what's wrong."
    Harry used the sleeve of his soft brown sweater to wipe under his eyes. "It's nothing," he sniffled.
   "Bullshit," Louis scolded. "Talk to me."
   "Do you remember the day you asked me to move in with you?" Harry asked. Louis nodded. "Do you remember what you said to me?" Louis let out a light sigh. He did. "I said it was going to be hard." He responded.
   This time it was Harry who sighed. "I didn't know it'd be this hard." Louis looked down, slightly hurt, and rubbed Harry's thigh. Quickly he shot his head up, a true look of pain in his eyes. "Do- do you regret it?'' Louis asked, scared of what the answer might be.
   "No!" Harry reassured. "Not for a second."
    Before Louis could respond, his phone was ringing on the bedside table. It was Niall.
   "Yeah?" Louis answered.
   "You guys are awake right? Heading for the airport?" Niall asked, even though he was the one usually late.
   "Yeah, be there soon."
   "Are you okay? You sound sad. Did you have a good holiday?" He sounded concerned.
   "Yeah,'' he sighed again. "Just wish it'd last longer."
   He said his goodbyes to Niall and hung up. Smiling at Harry he stood, and out stretched his hand.
   "Come on curly. Time to go."