Chapter 22

Harry brushed his hair back with his fingers, fixing it just one more time in the mirror.
The show was starting in 10 minutes. Harry's nerves were on edge. The medication he was taking made him a little loopy and he'd never done a show in that kind of head space before. What if the fans knew something was up?
All the other guys were already backstage ready to go. They all laughed at a joke Louis had told until all of there smiles suddenly faltered.
"What? That was funny," Louis said as they all watched the man behind Louis grew a smug smile.
Louis slowly turned to see Garrett behind him.
"Where's your little boyfriend? Too stressed to show?" Garrett asked slighly. He, being the lead security, knew all of the boys medical conditions and of course was informed of Harry's recent diagnosis.
"He's getting ready," Louis answered trying not to fight for Harry's sake.
"Hope he took his medicine. Wouldn't want him to go all crazy on the fans would we?" The prick asked rhetorically.
"You know Garrett, I would watch yourself because Harry's not here right now so I don't think it'd stress him out too much if I kicked your ass," Louis threatened, voice low.
Surprisingly, Garretts tough facade actually faltered as he stepped back.
"Just keep distance from each other. We don't need a repeat of what happened at the awards," he spat.
"Oh shag off Garrett! Everyone already knows about them, leave it alone," Zayn interjected.
Louis lowered his head as he thought about the similar conversation he had had with Harry earlier that day. The one where they had discussed the fact that they still don't know how things are going to take it and at the moment it's too much of a risk with Harry's health to test the waters.
"He's right, we'll keep our distance."
The boys all looked at Louis shocked. What was he doing?
They all snapped their heads as the door to the dressing room opened revealing Harry.
"Uh.. hi?"
"2 minutes," Garrett snarled and walked away.
The boys all took their places, but not until after Louis rushed over to Harry, placing a kiss on his lips.
"We got this baby."
The lights started flashing as the guitar to Midnight Memories played loud and clear.
As the band emerged, screams got louder, and Harry's head hurt more. A side effect of his meds.
Harry lifted the mic to his mouth and sang out his first solo.
As they sang through the songs, Louis kept looking to Harry to make sure he was okay.
After playing Drag Me Down, a new song to their set list, Harry belted out the last line. His head began to hurt as the room began to spin.
He tripped a little and almost fell when Liam gripped on to his arm, steadying him.
"You alright there lad?" He asked as Harry closed his eyes.
He didn't see the look of fear in Louis from across the stage. But everyone else did. Many in the crowd wondered why he wasn't talking to Harry or joking with him. They all saw the video. They knew they were together, so why aren't they.. together?
"Yeah, fine just need to sit for a bit I think," Harry answered, making his way to the side of the stage, where he sat swinging his legs.
He took a moment and read some signs. He was shocked to see that most of them were "Larry Stylinson" related.
"Larry gives me life"
"Gay is okay"
"If your happy, we're happy"
"it's okay if HE makes you strong"
And on and on they went. Almost every sign was showing support to the boys' relationship.
Harry felt his heart beat faster and tears swell in his eyes as he read them.
Maybe they would be okay after all.
Harry stood to his feet and as he turned to Louis, his left foot caught his right boot and he crashed to the ground.
The crowd cheered as they found it funny and iconic. But the cheering stopped and the room was silent as the look of panic took over Louis as he rushed to Harry.
He had no idea what the side effects could be of this medication and he couldn't let Harry get hurt.
"Are you okay baby?" He asked, accidentally into his microphone.
Harry's eyes widened and so did Louis' as they slowly turned to the hushed crowd.
All at once the stadium erupted in cheers. Cheers of encouragement.
The boys watched in awe as the fans celebrated what'd they'd kept hidden for so so long.
Slowly Harry got to his feet and then didn't waist a second before crashing his lips into Louis', who melted into the kiss as the screams of happiness for them got even louder.
They spent the rest of the show barley living each other's side or breaking contact for that matter.
At one point however, Louis did leave Harry to run backstage to grab another water bottle.
He was about to head back out when a hand roughly gripped his arm.
"What the fuck do you think your doing?" Garrett scolded.
Louis julted his arm out of Garretts grip and headed back on stage only to turn to Garrett and answer "Being happy."

A/N: I'm baaaaaack hahaha I finally think I'm gonna finish this book guys! I'm so sorry this is taking so long but I promise I'll try and do better.
Also.
It's 12:38 a.m. and it's my birthday