Chapter 23

The audience sat excitedly waiting for the interview to start. The last segment of the show before the boys were supposed to come out had just finished and a commercial break started.
This being the first interview since the kiss and the very open show last night had everyone in edge.
"What if they boo us? Or- or they-" Harry stuttered before Louis interrupted.
"Babe, shhh, we're going to be okay. Nothing can break us. We don't have to hide anymore."
"That's 2 minutes boys, better get out there," a stage crew warned the boys.
As all five entered the interview the crowd got wild with screams.
Niall and Liam sat in the back 2 chairs, and Zayn sat in one of the open two, leaving the last two chairs that were the farthest apart.
Harry sighed as he saw the set up and sat down next to Zayn. Louis was about to take the back chair until Zayn tapped his shoulder.
"My uh, my pants they have a um, a stain. Yeah. I don't wanna sit upfront. Switch me?" He asked pointing to where he had previously sat.
Louis nodded smiling before he whispered a soft thank you to his best mate and sat in the front seat. Next to Harry.
"Welcome boys!" The interviewer started. "I'm Julie, and we all know who you are. The crowd is certainly happy. Everyone welcome One Direction!" The crowd erupted again.
"So, how are you all today?" She asked, big smile plastered on her face.
The interview went rather smoothly. They were all just waiting to address the elephant in the room.
"I want to take a minute and congratulate you on the award for 'Best International Artists' you won just the other night!"
"Thank you, it's a great accomplishment," Liam answered.
"Now," Julie paused. "Something else also happened that night. There are several confirmed sightings and pictures of you two," she said directing her attention to Harry and Louis. "Kissing. Would you like to explain?"
The room was silent and you could feel the tension as people held their breaths waiting for an answer.
Harry found himself looking down at his lap, then slowly raising his head to Louis only to find him staring fondly.
The older boy glanced back stage spying Garrett with a stern look, shaking his head. But then he returned his eyes to Harry, who was waiting for him to say something, as with everyone else.
"What's there to explain?" He asked, holding his gaze with the younger boy.
"We're together. We're in love. And it was time the world knew," he finally said, a smile growing as Harry's did the same.
And for the first time on live television Louis leaned over and placed his lips on Harry's in front of everyone.
The screams were almost overwhelming. Some fans were crying because they were happy for the boys, others were crying for other reasons.
Louis pulled away and just looked into Harry's eyes like he was the only one in the world. And to Louis, he was the only one who mattered.
"That's right everyone, you heard it here! Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles are indeed romantically involved! That's all we have time for today but we'll catch you next time! Thank you!" The interviewer signed off before turning to the boys.
"Well done," she said.
The boys smiled. Harry and Louis smiled the biggest.
This was it. It was over.
They were finally out.

A/N: I had originally planned this story to only have 24 chapters but I can guarantee at least 2 more.