chapter two

Jungkook's P.O.V

We didn't have class until the next day so we met up in the cafeteria. I sat between Taehyung and Yoongi who were both eating hamburgers. My fork scraped against the plate while I pushed some salad and tomatoes around. I wasn't really paying attention to the topic they were talking about until a hand landed on my tigh. I immediately dropped my fork. "What do you think Jungkook?", Taehyung's voice boomed next to me. I looked up and backed away when I saw how close we were. His brown eyes stood innocent, not knowing how his hand basically burned through my clothes.

"H-huh?", I stuttered nervously.

"There's a party later and we're thinking of going. What do you think?", he asked. I tried to awkwardly shuffle away but my other leg bumped against Yoongi. I'm trapped.

"S-sure", I smiled and noticed how his face lit up.

"Great! Then we are all going! This is going to be so much fun", he wobbled his legs up and down making the table move. Jimin's hand landed on Taehyung's leg to stop it. I narrowed my eyes. How are they so comfortable around each other? Am I weird for having a comfort zone?

"Hi guys", suddenly a pretty girl with dark brown eyes and black hair halted at our table,"I was wondering if you're coming to my party later?"

Jin nodded,"Yeah, you're Yeong right?"

"That's me", she smiled a tooth paste smile, which would swoon most of the guys at our table if Namjoon, Jin, Jimin and Yoongi weren't gay for each other.

"We'll be there", Taehyung winked, earning a blush from her.

"You'll be there too cutie?", she looked in my direction. I felt my face immediately flush at her words. Just a girl's stare can make me freeze on the spot. Pathetic, isn't it?

"Y-y-yeah", I shakily mumbled. She giggled. "See you there" and then she winked at me.

"Woah Jungkook", Namjoon's mouth fell open.

"You're going to score tonight", Jimin smirked.

"S-score?", I stuttered. Why do I keep stuttering. It's embarrassing.

Yoongi sighed, "She's obviously interested in you".

Interested? I can't even say a word without stuttering like an imbecile.

"She'll probably try to kiss you so you best make a move first", Jimin nodded, not even wondering if Jungkook is actually interested in the girl.

A move? Maybe I shouldn't be going to that party later. This is all too difficult and it's makes me way too nervous.

"I- I'm tired. I think I'm going to take a nap", I stood up and, without hearing the actual responses, walked to my room. The dorm was heavenly quiet and lonely. I dropped face first onto my bed onto the fluffy blankets I brought from home. The sound of a door closing made me involuntary groan. There goes being alone.

"Jungkook?", Taehyung's deep voice called my name.

"Yeah?", I answered, the word muffled by the blankets. I felt my bed dip in and knew he sat down next to me. I tensed when a hand was placed on my back.

"I was wondering something", he trailed off.

I pushed my head upwards so I could look at him,"What is it?"

He pulled his knees underneath his chin so his hand finally slipped off my back. "When the girl spoke to you, it seemed like you were frozen on the spot. I noticed it last year too. Whenever you're around girls you just stop breathing for a while. It seems you want to avoid them at all cost. Why?"
I let my face fall into the mattress again.

"Are you scared of girls?", he whispered cautiously.

"O-of course not! That would be fucking ridiculous." I rolled on my back and looked at him in shock.

He raised an eyebrow at my outburst. I sighed. "Maybe I just don't like their presence because it makes me nervous"

"Awe Jungkookie is scared of girls", he cooed. I punched his arm which made him giggle and fall back with his head on my stomach. I inhale sharply. It's okay. I can handle this sort of contact. It's okay Jungkook.

"I can help you, you know", Taehyung offered,"I'm very good with girls. I can help you talk with them. You'll get yourself a girlfriend in no time"

"I don't know. Isn't that kind of weird?", I answered, fiddling with my fingers on my chest. Taehyung's hair looks very soft to play with but my hands stay put.

"Why? I'm your hyung! I'm supposed to teach you things", he grinned, turning his head so he can look at me.

"O-okay. I guess I'm okay with it then." I nodded, feeling very insecure.

"Really!?" Taehyung jumped up happily.

I rolled my eyes at his enthusiasm. "Yes. Tae, please teach me how to talk to girls"

I can't wait to write some actual vkook!! I'm very excited

Thank you for reading 🌸